2013 Moreton Bay Classic

AFO

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is there a list of who has paid? I know that I have indicated that i will attend but cannot remember if i have paid.

Cheers

Ray

Ray I have checked the back end and cannot see a registration for you yet.

For the record webby posted this earlier in this thread as well that may help people keep track of these issues:

"If in any doubt if your tournament registration has been submitted successfully and wish to confirm, you can do this by checking your Tournament Account.

This is located under the Account link at the top left of the site.

Then click on Tournament Account on left menu. If you see a registration you are registered, if you don't see any record we do not have you in our system and so please redo it until you see it here.

www.australianfishing.com.au/account/tournament-account"

Cheers!

Angus

Ray: Your rego is now through all good.

Elli: Mate that is prob just human error as direct deposits need to be manually marked off (hence why we prefer paypal). I will get Johnny to look through but I am sure it will be there.

Angus

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, is this a small comp?? how many entrants do you normally get?? prize pool seems quite small considering cost to enter?? Eg for myself, wife and 4 kids..

Or is it that most entrants are chipping in and entering 1 person but several people fishing?? Seems fraught with possible cheating, jimmy buys the ticket and goes out side fishing, john hits the bay reefs and jill hits the broad water??

Q. If john catches a 150cm Mac and Pete catches a 20cm Squid, 30cm bream, 35cm Flatty and a 35cm whiting totalling 120cm combined, does the 150cm Mac win the tournament???

Thanks

Hi, is this a small comp?? how many entrants do you normally get?? prize pool seems quite small considering cost to enter?? Eg for myself, wife and 4 kids..

Or is it that most entrants are chipping in and entering 1 person but several people fishing?? Seems fraught with possible cheating, jimmy buys the ticket and goes out side fishing, john hits the bay reefs and jill hits the broad water??

Q. If john catches a 150cm Mac and Pete catches a 20cm Squid, 30cm bream, 35cm Flatty and a 35cm whiting totalling 120cm combined, does the 150cm Mac win the tournament???

Thanks

Tournament rules can be found here - http://www.australianfishing.com.au/tournaments/tournament-rules

Suggestions can be made by starting a new topic here - http://www.australianfishing.com.au/forum/moreton-bay-classic

Thanks

Can't do much about cheating mate, just got to hope everyone is as honest as you and I.

Can anyone help me with this? I registered again and selected Direct Deposit this time as i have already paid via paypal. I received the confirmation email this time. I just need to know that someone will see my paypal payment???

The man who can answer your question is currently away on holidays. He should be back in a week and a half or so. He should be able to clear things up for you shortly after. :)

you can always go 'budget class' and leave the missus and billylids at home :dry:

be cheaper on bait too ;)

Thanks

The comp will be relatively small (50-75 people??) hard to say at this stage.

Comps need to be seen in two lights...

1. A fun way to get onto the water and possibly meet new AFO'ers.

2. A way to help support the site (keep it in existence) while still receiving some tangible benefit (the comp itself).

It is designed to be a fun comp but cheating is not tolerated. This can obviously be hard to enforce in any fishing comp but any reports made (in accordance with competition rules) will be looked into.

At the end of the day members either like the format and compete, or don't and do not. Feedback from members was asked well in advance of this event kicking off and the format was designed primarily based upon said feedback. There were also significantly cheaper early bird rates which have of course expired.

Angus

Can anyone help me with this? I registered again and selected Direct Deposit this time as i have already paid via paypal. I received the confirmation email this time. I just need to know that someone will see my paypal payment???

Saw your rego come through mate and should be able cross reference this with paypal pretty easily.

Ill get webby onto it.

Angus

Are there any details available regarding event HQ etc?

Sorry mate just saw this.

I thought I had posted something but maybe I didnt.

I will create another post as well as reply here.

HQ has been confirmed as the VMR building at the Cleveland boat ramp.

This should allow for people to launch their boat, run up and register and be on their way.

Hope this helps.

Angus

Hi Angus, just read the rules and didn't see anthing about undersize/oversize fish so thought I'd clarify. Can they be counted? ie. oversized flatty or undersize jew. Thanks.

I was also going to ask this?

You have also missed pike and grinner off the list, I am assuming this is a typo, you are taking nearly 1m of fish off me if they aren't on the list :whistle: .

Any update on the sign-in for the weekend.

Mate I am not sure what you mean?

The timings for the sign in have been available since day doe (please refer to the first post in this thread).

The location has been published as the VMR Raby Bay (next to the boat ramp).

Cheers

Angus

I can only get there friday Arvo as I have to work, is that going to be an issue? I didn't know you had to be there every morning

No one said you did mate don't worry.

Can everyone please take the time to read the timings etc as it is all published in the first post.

You will be able to register anytime the HQ is open (closes 5pm on the Friday).

You only need to register the once and then we do not need to see you again until you hand back your score card...

Angus

Quick question: If I shoot down on Friday morning to the HQ does that cover my attendance/ for the three days or do you need to 'check in' every day?

Will there be a little token to put next to brag mat pics like last one? (4 years ago)

There will be a token and a score sheet to fill out.

Friday morning covers your attendance yes.

Fair warning to all " competitors" taking part in this year's MBC...... I have teamed up with Collin to form the "Maximum Motley Power Crew " and we will be dominating this years comp so by all means give it your best but I'm expecting tears at the weigh in.

Yup.....

In the interest of fair play we pledge to fish the entire 3 days with no fish finder to even up the field a little B)

Bring it on!

Fair warning to all " competitors" taking part in this year's MBC...... I have teamed up with Collin to form the "Maximum Motley Power Crew " and we will be dominating this years comp so by all means give it your best but I'm expecting tears at the weigh in.

Yup.....

In the interest of fair play we pledge to fish the entire 3 days with no fish finder to even up the field a little B)

Bring it on!

You pair will sink 100 yards from the boat ramp!

Archived