<RANT> What's with the weather!

demarc

What's with our winter weather. Meant to be the best time of the year for low swells and low rain.

Wanted to go offshore this weekend, out.. :( Wanted to head to the pin on Saturday, looks like it could be out too!

When will we get a break! :(

I'm hitting the bay on Saturday. Forecast is 5-10kn ENE tending variable. Looks the goods to me! Hopefully doing an overnighter. Rain doesn't really come into it for me. Can't be as bad as my last trip out on the old man's yacht!

Here's two photos I took on my last trip to the pin...

Looking out the back of the boat... :woohoo:

post-2244-144598959411_thumb.jpg

Looking out the front of the boat... :sick:

post-2244-144598959462_thumb.jpg

About two minutes after the photo was taken, I got wee'ed on pretty badly. Wind came up to 30kn in an instant and was enough to drag the anchor. Even had to flick the bilge pump on!

I dont mind the weather atm lol.

I got exams and assignments atm.

Dont get tempted to skip uni to go fishing lol.

Offshore isnt fishing greatest atm anyway. I went two weeks ago. 2 days in row. We did okay nothing special though. Had to work hard for fish. Theres no bait.

Im thinking of heading out in bay sunday to chanse longies and snaps.. See how it goes. Hopefully wind stays down till mid day.

Ps Russian good luck going out of spb in a 2m easterly swell on outgoing tide lol

Even i wont go out in it if i didnt have too lol

Shane

I only fish inshore so the rainy/windy stuff works well for me this time of year, keeps the twits away from the ramps and doesnt hurt the deepwater bite. I couldnt believe it last weekend when I rolled down the Coomera River at 7am on Saturday, was the only boat out, that ramp is usually packed with ski lice and fishers galore.

What's with our winter weather. Meant to be the best time of the year for low swells and low rain.

Wanted to go offshore this weekend, out.. :( Wanted to head to the pin on Saturday, looks like it could be out too!

When will we get a break! :(

Its Global warming Julian :lol:

Even the swell is up down the coast mate. Not an issue? Or you got a big boat?

9 or 10 seconds between swell Julian, so won't be too bad,some saying 1.3 and others 1.8 so will watch carefully.I have a fibreglass 5.5mtr half cabin, but you still feel it for sure. :sick:

Thanks Brian. I've been out in 1.5 mtr swells 4 secs apart. :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Took my old man out for his first offshore trip in my boat that day. I don't get sea sick son... :sick: :sick:

Archived