Do you use fish attractant?

teckee7

I only found a couple of discussions here on the site. I am keen to know what other anglers are using. I went and bought a bottle of garlic spray and found that ineffective - it seems to scare fish away. Cause I was using a Zman Grubz and before I applied the spray, I was getting touches on my Grubz. After spraying some of the garlic spray, nothing. I got the spray from BCF.

Ted has a secret attractant, but only uses it on his offshore trips and it works a treat.

It's motion activated..... :-)

haha that is only for deckies that skull a warm tally :evil: :whistle:

I like Sfactor. I have used it with a lot of success in the bay many times. I also use a lot of Armor Shads now with built in scent with awesome effect. I am currently testing the new range from Sax but I have only used them the once. The problem with scents is that you can never be sure, "was it the scent". Your experience could have just been down to the fish went off the bite or in my first case the fish came on the bite. You need to test it on a number of outings to see if it works.

Ted has a secret attractant, but only uses it on his offshore trips and it works a treat.

It's motion activated..... :-)

haha that is only for deckies that skull a warm tally :evil: :whistle:

I like Sfactor. I have used it with a lot of success in the bay many times. I also use a lot of Armor Shads now with built in scent with awesome effect. I am currently testing the new range from Sax but I have only used them the once. The problem with scents is that you can never be sure, "was it the scent". Your experience could have just been down to the fish went off the bite or in my first case the fish came on the bite. You need to test it on a number of outings to see if it works.[/quote]

Or you could take out a deckie, fish same rigs but one with and one without scent added. Could get a bit expensive though.

Ive been using the kita teck plastics ( if thats how its spelt) there ultra supple but expensive, they have a deadlu squid stench to them and id say the attractant helps,

If your onto a hot bite I wouldnt say its necessary but when hits are hard to.come by I think it helps!!!

Each to their own,, if I ever get out of this work medical ill be out chasing snaps this arvo!!!

Has.anyone ever tried s factor.on squid jigs??

Callum

don't know if you can still buy it but "glo bait" works amazingly on your weed when luderick fishing.

I reckon fish like the smell of gulps, I've got a lot of fish that have just picked gulps off the bottom with no action imparted to the plastic

Ive been using the kita teck plastics ( if thats how its spelt) there ultra supple but expensive, they have a deadlu squid stench to them and id say the attractant helps,

Callum

That would be Keitech Callum, and yes.....I agree that the ones that are squid scented seem to work ok.

Just bare in mind, that not all colours are scented. Be sure to look at the label as they state it on there.

A previous post here on AFO, someone used Megastrike. It's an attractant from the US - not sure if anyone else have used that stuff before. I agree with some that it's dependant on your presentation. But then why do anglers use burleying in that matter. I guess we need something to tell the fish that a 'snack' is waiting for them, come and get it.

Burleying is totally different to using scent, the idea of a burley trail is to keep a constant steady flow going to attract the fish and keep them in the area, scents on the other hand are purely there to try and turn a looker into a taker. If you are not presenting your lure properly in the first place no amount of scent is going to make a difference, work on your technique and presentation and I think you'll find no need for scent.

On the point Callum made about it not being necessary on a hot bite, yes that's true, a lot of anglers though will only use scent during a hot bite to keep them interested and hitting the lure- makes sense really as there is not much point using a scent if the fish are not there in the first place!

Archived