Stupid Whally lost at Hinze

rayke1938

We headed off to the Hinze at 4.30 this morning in thick fog which thankfully lifted after about 3 ks.

Graham who was driving said do you know where to go and i said shure been there before ( 2 years ago)and got info from the ranger.

The ranger said you get in via Range road which is only a short track but neglected to say how to get to Range Riad.

I looked it up in the UBD and found the intersection of Range Road and The Panorama which rang a bell in my strange twisted brain and I said thats it.

WRONG ! WRONG ! DRONGO ! STUPID WHALLY!

Get the idea!

Well we progranned it in the gps and off we went.

Drove up and down the Panorama 3 times and couldnt find range road.

At least we had a great view of the sunrise and the fog over the Gold Coast wioth only the tips of 2 hoghrises showing above the fog.

We could see the water but no road and finally realised something was wrong.

Graham started playing around with the GPS and found another end of Range road where it Intersected with Little Nerang Road and my peabrain finally came into gear and said that is it.

Finally launched the boat around 6.30. Motored to opposite bank and Graham immediatley started catching bass around the 33cm mark on shrimp..

Nothing for John and myself.

The wind started to come up so we went around the corner and Graham got a couple more and I managed to break my duck.

We then decided to try trolling for a whole. We found a school upstream opposite a large rock on the bank where Graham caught 2 nice bass around 38cm and I lost a couple.

We just trolled around and enjoyed the scenery without any more fish.

I dont know why but john seemed to be getting a bit cranky by 12 oclock as he hadnt even lost a bait or had a touch on a lure so we went back to the second place we tried and bait fished again.

I ended up with 4 more bass and John got one at last.

Knocked off at 1pm and came home with 2 fish for a feed,

Cheers

Ray.

first photo is the high rise peeking out of fog. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P1010679_AFO-3378d999fb6a12a315c56f42fc997f1f.jpg

post-230-144598428097_thumb.jpg

Home brew sounds good!

I still have absolutley no idea to where you say is the boat ramp. I think I'll just follow you!

Hey John they gave you the wrong side of the boat again, rotten buggers, gezz they are mean to you.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

BTW Ray the arty farty thing looks good to me. ;):)

Archived