Awoonga 2008 - Expressions on interest.

Brian D

Hi Guys & Gals

You may be aware that a bunch of us are heading to awoonga next week for some mega barra fishing. We were able to get accomadation at the best spot by booking a year in advance.I booked this years cabins while I was there the previous year.

Would anyone like to pencil their name down for a trip around the full moon in Oct 2008? If so I'll book the cabins while I am there.

I know I do.

Gals dont be shy I can reserve a cabin for ladies accomodation if enough want to give it a go.

I am interested . Have you concidered the houseboat?

Dont know how many it sleeps here is a copy of a current post on ausfish where someone is offering a week for $400.

Have the barra one house boat at Awoonga booked for the week of Oct 20th -27th. Full moon will be that week. Had some people back out late. Have three guys going with 2 boats would like to have another 3 with another boat. Cost for the week of houseboat each will be $400. Any one interested? Its the best way to fish the dam Dont have to worry about crowds at the boat ramp.

Looks like it sleeps 6 is $400 a week to rich for everyone ?

Bit dear for me but could probably save up if knew in advance,

Ray

Brian, gotta be political, I have been away last 2 weekends, will be away thi s weekend, then away 7 days straight for Awoonga!

I'd love to go, and would probably enter the comp as well, but not the right time to be asking such questions, I reckon wait until I have been home a month or so~

pcsolutionman wrote:

mate id definatley be interested but just too far out for me to commit to anything, would have to hold out till much closer. (unless I get a heap this trip) then Stuff everything ill be there lol

Lee

Here's the problem - to get accomodation we need to book way in advance. That's why I tagged it as \"expression of interest\" and not confirmation.

I am not expecting anyone to confirm - just let me know if you are interested.

So Lee I will count you as interested.

Feral only a brave man would be discussing next years fishing before departing on this years trip. So don't tell her yet!:S

Hi Ray,

At present the pricing of the houseboat is $360.00 per night plus fuel. this price could increase before October/November next year. We have not taken any bookings as yet, we are still finalising legals etc but we can put you on a waiting list. You would have first dibs for next year. There are 3 cabins, 2 with doubles and the third with 2 x single bunk beds. the dinette table also drops down to make a Queen bed giving you a total of 10 sleeping spaces.

Regards

Rob & Kelly Howell

Copy of email from Monduran .

Sounds pretty good to me could probably sleep a couple on air mattresses instead of 2 to a double bed. Or maybe a couple would like a cabin.

I wouldnt mind an air mattress the main thing is having the cooking and catering stuff. Can always store the mattresses during day.

I reckon 8 blokes plus say at least 4 boats would be great.

Any thoughts??

Reckon Brian first dibs for starting and me ( greedy ) for finding out.

Cheers

Ray

Archived