2014 Winter Camp - Official Thread

Angus

post-63-144599055074_thumb.jpg

Ladies and gentleman, it is that time again. Winter Camp time!

The dates for Winter Camp 2014 have been confirmed for the Friday 18th July - Sunday 20th July.

Location: Camp Lake Fire @ Maroon Dam. 664 Burnett Creek Road Lake Maroon. Feel free to check out the website for this camp site: www.camplakefire.com.au

Just want to articulate that is an AWESOME opportunity for new members on the site to ingrain themselves in the culture and establish some good friends and connections with other members. Don't think of this as an event for Bass fishermen only, but a social opportunity to camp, hang out, fish and meet other members.

Friday 18th July

7:30pm: Arrive at Camp Site.

7:45pm-till late: Set up camp, cabins, dinner and social.

Saturday July 19th:

6:00am: Breakfast.

6:45am-7:00am: Briefing.

7:30am-12:00: Fishing.

12:00-1:00: Lunch.

1:00-4:00: Fishing.

4:30-late: Tackle talks, dinner and socializing.

8:00pm: Presentation To Winners.

Sunday 20th July:

6:30am: Breakfast.

7:00-12:00: Social Fishing if desired.

What to bring:

Fishing Gear.

Towel.

Wet Weather Gear.

Tent if required.

Boat if desired.

Alcoholic beverages.

Digital Camera if possible.

Brag Mat.

Common Sense.

Competition

This event is after all a social fun competition with the following categories:

Prize are all TBA

1st Largest Bass:

2nd Largest Bass:

3rd Largest Bass:

Largest Yellowbelly:

Largest Spangled Perch:

Largest Catfish:

Lucky Door Prizes:

Accommodation:

There are Cabins available as well as fantastic camping grounds at this camp site. Cabin reservations will be first in first served, however some preference will be given to the ladies. Hope you don’t mind gentlemen. The camping sites are non powered but flat and comfortable. If you don’t mind camping please consider this option to benefit those that simply don’t have the equipment.

Boating:

Some boats and canoes are available for hire from Sports Tuition. Power boats are allowed on Maroon Dam which should open up the range of boats AFO members can bring. People with their own boats are encouraged to bring them so that more non boaters may attend.

Rates:

Please consider this section very very carefully. When you book via email I will need ALL required information as I will be juggling very different needs and wants from each person. When you book please itemise each addition (if any) above the base rate with associated price so I receive a list of what you have booked and what you have paid.

Base Rate: $80.00 (Includes catering, entry into the competition).

Camping Both Nights: $30.00 Per person.

Cabins Both Nights: $50.00

Full Days Boat Hire (4 People): $95.00*

Full Days Canoe Hire (2 People): $85.00*

Full Days Kayak Hire: $35.00 (1 Person)

Fishing Rod: $5.00 Per person per day.

Tent: Six-man family or two-man $10.00 per night.

Live shrimp can purchased on site.

*Payments for boats will be taken in one installment. So it’s up to a nominated representative of a “crew” to book and pay for the boat/canoe, and he can collect the contributions from his deckies. There are limited boats so the first 5 “Captains (person paying the full price) to book will the first served.

In this way you will see that if someone brings their own boat and camps… They will only be paying $110 where in the past it would have been $150-$180… I know this information is a bit dated now, but just want to reinforce where the value is.

In contrast those paying more (Cabin + ¼ Boat Hire + Rod for example for $158.75) are seeing where their extra dollars are going.

Booking:

When you are booking I will need the following details emailed to me (please cut and paste this exact template with accurate details): angus@australianfishing.com.au

Name: (John Smith)

Username: (Fisherman)

Email Address: ( fisherman@fishing.com)

Mobile Phone: (0055 Fish)

Package: (Base Rate: $80 + Boat: $95 + Cabin: $50 + Fishing Rod: $5)

Total: $230

Please take your time filling in the above information and sending the email. As you can appreciate its far more information to get right this year so accuracy will be king.

Please make payments direct to Australian Fishing Online (Please reference FULL NAME & WINTER CAMP - eg JOHN SMITH WINTER CAMP):

Bank Name: Bank of Qld

Account Name: Australian Fishing & Boating Pty Ltd

BSB: 124 001

Account Number: 20881585

Hope to see plenty of you all there!

Attendees:

1. Angus Gorrie

2. Henry Do

3. Ray Kennedy

4. Andrew Kennedy

5. Ian Goebel

6. Chris Cornell

7. Kris Sweres

8. Ted Stevens

9. Luke McKinnon

10. Anders Berquier

11. Jarvis Aland

12. Jarryd Aleckson

13. Shane Ovington

14. Lance Collins

15. Brendan Ford

16. Christine McCormack

17. Andrew McCormack

18. Ben Spears

19. Damien Rynja

20. Rob Searing

21. Nathan Pickles

22. Matt Ascough

23. Steve Andrews

24. Bernie Andrews

25. Molly McQuoid

26. Sinai Niu.

27. Ben Evans

28. Duncan O'Connell

29. Janelle O'Connell

30. Amelie O'Connell

31. Lachlan O'Connell

32. Denis Verner

33. Phil Verner

34. Ant Correnti

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, Officially I can't attend due to work commitments which is a big disappointment for me :( because I have corresponded with many new comrades over the last 12 months and would have been good to meet them at the camp.

Great place to hold it and Steve and Mick are great hosts.

Look forward to the photos. ENJOY.

Also guys thanks so far for all the feedback by PM.

I will wait for actual emails to add names to list of attendees to avoid being misleading but it looks like we will have a good roll up!

Luvit shame you wont be there mate.

Everyone: Can I once again stress this is a particularly good event for new members.

Angus

a largest catfish category eh?

Do you do "fresh water" catties Brian ? ;)

Indeed I do, though usually eel-tailed.

However, if I correctly sense a forky challenge from the master, well I'm in ! :woohoo:

Only eel tails in there, but yeah, well make a comp of it!

a largest catfish category eh?

Do you do "fresh water" catties Brian ? ;)

Indeed I do, though usually eel-tailed.

However, if I correctly sense a forky challenge from the master, well I'm in ! :woohoo:

Only eel tails in there, but yeah, well make a comp of it!

Big ones as well!

I sent an email re camping near the ramp. If council are on track we should be right.to camp near ramp.

cheers

ray

Hi Ray

At present the bottom camp ground is closed we are waiting for council to rezone the bottom ground which should take about another two weeks we are still able to use the boat ramps

Camping is allowed at our front ground and there will toilets available hope this helps you

Kind regards

Mick Turner

Camp Lake Fire Manager

I've got two "gromet" kids fishing combo's sitting in the corner, I picked up from Big W a few weeks ago - seriously thinking of bringing them along and making them the specified equipment for our catfish shoot out ;)

You will of course have the pink one........ :kiss:

Newy PM sent mate.

Doobs mate in theory we can take bookings until there is no more room but if it could be before the final week so I can give firm numbers to Steve for catering that would be awesome.

In other news...

Fish Head's Duncan O'Connell will be there again with some great bargains.

Plus a lucky door prize worth $100 for one lucky angler.

Angus

Just a reminder guys...

Please email the bookings...

I have been talking to a lot of people who are coming but don't have the emails.

I know its pedantic buy as the middle man here the more accurate the info I have, and the more timely the better.

Feel free to send the email through and pay later. At least I will know who to chase up :)

Angus

Archived