More Lizards...

Dazzamcgee

Finally managed to score a day off work so I thought it was time to do abit of fishing as my last outing was well over 3 weeks ago and I was as keen as mustard to get out.

Set out at 6am armed with pillies and a hand full of prawns in search of a feed of fish or maybe a couple of crabs. Traps were baited and set then after sum decision decided to avoid my usual spots in search of sum new grounds. With sum driving around the river for a while I came across a large group of crab traps and with knowing how much bait stench was in the water from all those traps I just knew it had to be holding a fish or three and sure enough I was right on the money...

First drift past it was a case of bite after bite, boating 4 Flathead to 40cm, 1 Moses perch 23cm, 1 Bream 29cm and a couple of very small whiting of which all were released. A few more passes resulted in more bites and a nice tap up from a 64cm lizard and the boating of what I think is a small threadfin salmon could be wrong, input welcomed.

Sun was getting high and the boat traffic was thick so I decided to call it a day and on the way back to the ramp I picked up me traps and was rewarded with 1 blue swimmer crab for dinner....

Overall a great session with plenty of action!! [img size=255]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/mmmmmmm.jpg

post-633-1445984306_thumb.jpg

Archived