November - Whiting general chat

James W

kevinchen19870316 wrote:

did u notice the whiting those bait fisho got today. it seems there r some serious whiting there around nudgee beach. maybe a bait session next time?

You read my mind. How big was the whiting they caught? I might have a beach session this weekend while I'm at the Bruns. Maybe I should get some gulp alive worms for the trip. Damn, there goes another $30 :(

When I was down in Geelong Vic a mate of mine had a scollap export busines

We would get the empty scollap shells from him and a bag of scollaps

We would head to our Fav spot (swan bay)

spread the shells over a small area mark it with a heavily weighted float (no gps then) we would return 1/2 an hour later with the scollaps and catch boat loads of King george whiting :woohoo:

another bait which we used down south was pumbled squid we'd hit it a few times with a meat hammer

normal squid worked but pumbled the whiting go nuts over it ;)

Gaz

Gazza wrote:

When I was down in Geelong Vic a mate of mine had a scollap export busines

We would get the empty scollap shells from him and a bag of scollaps

We would head to our Fav spot (swan bay)

spread the shells over a small area mark it with a heavily weighted float (no gps then) we would return 1/2 an hour later with the scollaps and catch boat loads of King george whiting :woohoo:

another bait which we used down south was pumbled squid we'd hit it a few times with a meat hammer

normal squid worked but pumbled the whiting go nuts over it ;)

Gaz

Interesting you say that Gazza. Most people opt for the obvious baits, worms and prawns, for whiting. But when fishing the noosa river, my most successful was squares of squid.

Not big peices either. One bag of squid would last several session no worries. and the whiting pretty much could remove the squid before getting hooked. So you could really let them commit before setting the hooks.

Angus

Oh a heads up either pumble at shore or away from where you intend to fish ;)

If you run out and need to pumble in the boat sit the board on your knee's so to reduce the banging sound :)

Hey Gus wonder how iga Occy would go like that

skinned and pumbled ???

might have to try that

Gaz

Angus wrote:

That could be hard to beat considering the number of entries.

Angus

Dunno about that Angus, its looking like everyone sits around for the first 3 weeks of the month keeping an eye on progress, then decides \"hey I can still win that\" and gets motivated! My highly technical guestimate (coz I am to lazy to look) is that the majority of entries for the last couple of fish of the month's have been in the last week or so of the month!

Sparking much last minute competition and gnashing of teeth when pipped at the post!

No me Feral, when I catch a fish the world hears about it!:laugh:

I might give the Logan and Albert a go this weekend, but that's a big \"might\". I know of 2 good spots for the whiting but I have my eye on the bullies and jew, whiting are good bait.

Nice one Sards, wish I had one like that to post.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived