Midginbil Hill Country Resort

Cowfish13

As you probably know, I am pretty dodgy at freshwater fishing:(. But next weekend (10th November), we are going down to Midiginbill Hill Country Retreat for a friends wedding. The best part about this is that on the resort, there are 2 stoked dams of Silvers and Yellowbellow and the resort is very close to the upper Tweed River where I'll be able to target some Bass as well:woohoo:.

What lures would be best for fishing for all these species in that area and what weight line should I use? 6lb Braid (spin) or 15lb Braid (baitcaster)(maybe I'll take both:P )

Also, would the Bass in the Tweed be wild ones?

Here's a link showing how good it'll be http://www.midginbilhill.com.au/fishing.htm.

One of the best lines in the text is \"If you can’t catch yourself dinner in five minutes, you are just not trying\"

Thanks

Not new to baitcasting (had it for about 1.5years) but I'll take the spin stuff. Lighter line will be more fun, especially if they don't have any snags to get into:laugh: .

I've got some river2sea bubble pops (35 and 45) so I'll take those as well as some g-vibes and a jackall. Thanks for the help.

Also, would the Bass in the Tweed river be wild, or would they more likely be ones that have escaped from stoked impoundments?

jimmybob wrote:

if its in the river its wild....if a bass goes over a wall..good on it..its free...it can spawn..its wild :)

Never thought of it like Jimmy. But yeah i agree. If they can spawn, they are wild.

The tweed does have a healthy population of born there bass as well though apparantly.

Angus

I'll hopefully be able to get a few hours fishing in for both days (sat and sun), but I don't know how much yet.

I've just put in a massive order from Motackle ordering 10lb leader and jigheads (among loads of small HB's) so I'll be able to use these down there hopefully if they come in time.

Well, we'll be going tommorrow and by the sounds of it I'll only get 1-2hrs of fishing in:( (at the stoked dams on the resort).

So for Silvers and Yellowbelly, what would the best things to bring be? I'll be using 10lb fluro leader with the 6lb spinnig gear.

Would these two species still go for poppers?

Thanks, and I'll do a report when we get back, if we catch anything:laugh:

Archived