What boats does everyone have?

tom

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Tom,

I have a 4.5m Side Console Bluefin Predator with a 50 Mariner on the back. Done a bit of work on it too with inboard lighting, FM Radio, VHF, Garmin GPS/Sounder, Rod Holders, etc etc.

Looks great, when I get back from Iraq I will post a pic,

Cheers, MickB)

Ash wrote:

Damn that boat sounds good Mick! How much did it set you back before you started to work on it?

Gidday Ash,

Mate it was only about $18,000. That was with a small eagle sounder, nav lights, live bait tank, bilge pump safety gear etc. If anyone is ever after a good deal, check out Mr Ts tinnies. I have no affiliation with him, just know he does a bloody good deal.

Will post a photo real soon,

MickB)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey guys

i dont have a boat yet as im onli 15 but mi dad has a 4.8m stessl stinger tri hull and is running a 80hp Yamaha 4 stroke which pushes the boat along at a top speed of about 60km/h

it is the most spacious 4.8m fishing boat i have ever seen

if anyone is looking for a roomy stable fishing boat for offshore or just the rivers i would recomend this boat

it isnt the cheapest boat on the market but it is worth the money

if anyone has any questions feel free to ask as i kno jus bout every square centermetre of the boat

thanx

reef_raider

Post edited by: reef_raider, at: 2006/07/15 21:30

• 3 weeks later...

i fish out of a 4.2 quintrex dory with a 30 yamaha i bought the hull and decked it out myself,welded on side gunnels,live bait tank,kill tank,anchor well,bow rails,i made a small console that holds the sounder,gps,radio,stereo ect.i made a under floor fuel tank which is under the floor up the front.it is a tiller steer and have done a lot of klms in it.i call it a big small boat.i set it up for offshore fishing but i do a fair bit of crabbing in it as well.

• 1 month later...

I fish from my 4.65 Viking Predator........im kitting her out nicely, at moment ive got a 168 cobra sound. In a week or two im installing a nav light and for xmas ill probly get the wife to get me a gps and shark shield so i can do soumd ooff sore work.

Thanks Rik

Magicrik wrote:

I fish from my 4.65 Viking Predator........im kitting her out nicely, at moment ive got a 168 cobra sound. In a week or two im installing a nav light and for xmas ill probly get the wife to get me a gps and shark shield so i can do soumd ooff sore work.

Thanks Rik

WHats a shark sheild ??

We have a 5.2 metre, center consol Formosa with a 90hp Mecury 4-stoke on the back. If you want to get the original package of the same boat, but with a 75hp Yamaha 2-stroke, with no rocket launchers, baith board etc. it will come in at around $22 000, from Queensland Powerboats, but as we upgraded alot of things, ours was closer to $33 000. It's a ribbed aluminium hull so it handles wind under 18 knots pretty well but anything over gets a bit rough, but it is an awesome fishing boat for the islands (St Helana, Mud etc.). With the 90hp engine, it can get upto around 75k's/h, so in clear weather you can zoom over to Harry Atkinsin's Reef reel quick. Great boat for what we do.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm a newby to the site and have a 2004, 525 Stacer Cuddy Cabin powered by a 90 Etec.

I usually hit the Hards region and target Snapper and anything else that will jump on my line.

I hope to catch up with some fellow fishers out on the water sometimes.

My call sings are either Halftanked or Madman on VHF 21 and 27mg 96.

Cheers

Mark

Halftanked wrote:

Hi all,

I'm a newby to the site and have a 2004, 525 Stacer Cuddy Cabin powered by a 90 Etec.

I usually hit the Hards region and target Snapper and anything else that will jump on my line.

I hope to catch up with some fellow fishers out on the water sometimes.

My call sings are either Halftanked or Madman on VHF 21 and 27mg 96.

Cheers

Mark

Mate - I'll try and remember to give you a call on ch21 - I'll ask for any BRC guys.

My call sign is Kaza bri

• 3 weeks later...

:) hi guys new to this sight, hope to see you on the water soon .

My son Peter and I have ordered a new Sea Jay 4.85 Centre Console

It will take 5 long weeks before it is ready[just 1 week to go bugger]

It is pushed along with a 60 Yamaha 4 stroke,we have fitted

plumbed live bait tank

hummingbird series7 colour gps and sounder

GME vhf radio

twin batteries with switch

rear baitboard with 2 rod holders

4 more rod holders on gunnel

rear folding loung

upholstery and side decals are in BRONCO colours [worlds greatest footy team:laugh: ]

plus plus plus .

Guest IcEkNiGhT

mmm sounds nice angus, what are the specs on thoes? weight? lenght? .... i got a streaker 5meter cuddy cab... still waiting for it to get back from mackay tho :(

:) As of Saturday i have a new boat with my borther it a 1999 model Quintrex 560 Spirit.

- it is 5.6m long, and 2.28m wide.

- Now powered by a 2006 model Yamaha F100 4-stroke

- 200 litres of fuel underfloor

- Cruise 18-20knots

- JRC FF50 sounder & Navman 5110 chart plotter

- 27meg & VHF Radio

- Reelax 4.5m Outriggers mounted on custom rocket launchers for maximium height and spread

- Reinforced cast stainless steel rod holders

- 50L Livebait tank

:cheer: Now i will be going for real sharks and marlin

:P Our boat as been customized.

Yes it's a very nice boat and cost us a bit of money but it's ours all payed off so no money going to the bank lol.

on the full tank we can be out all day where no land can be seen and make it back to port with fuel left.

Matt

Post edited by: Mako_Matt, at: 2006/11/20 20:22

Post edited by: Mako_Matt, at: 2006/11/20 20:26

Archived