Moreton Bay Report 1 December 2018

Poddymullet

Been a while since my last post...flat out with the rush to Xmas. Weather has been a bit ordinary as well especially this weekend! 

Anyways went out on my uncles brand spanking new Reflex Chianti 585 on Saturday. He asked me to drive it off the trailer...first time the boats been in the water!!!. Lot to be said for trust there 🙂 but the new 130 yammy was a dream and the new trailer was a breeze  it just slipped off. We did some wearing in of the motor before heading to the mile. Not much happening at all so then stopped in a Tangalooma before heading back to Scarbs. Great boat for the price with plenty for the fitout. Handle the chop pretty well but definitely trim sensitive for glass boat  could be because it’s lighter than most at its size being a PUFF boat.

Definitely worth taking a look if you are in the market.

now what to do this weekend

11 hours ago, Poddymullet said:

Been a while since my last post...flat out with the rush to Xmas. Weather has been a bit ordinary as well especially this weekend! 

Anyways went out on my uncles brand spanking new Reflex Chianti 585 on Saturday. He asked me to drive it off the trailer...first time the boats been in the water!!!. Lot to be said for trust there 🙂 but the new 130 yammy was a dream and the new trailer was a breeze  it just slipped off. We did some wearing in of the motor before heading to the mile. Not much happening at all so then stopped in a Tangalooma before heading back to Scarbs. Great boat for the price with plenty for the fitout. Handle the chop pretty well but definitely trim sensitive for glass boat  could be because it’s lighter than most at its size being a PUFF boat.

Definitely worth taking a look if you are in the market.

now what to do this weekend

Mate I am a dumb arse, what is a PUFF boat😐

Just now, Drop Bear said:

Nice!! Do you fish the river or reefs? 

Depends on weather. If it's calm enough we will got over to Bustard and fish inner , middle and outer rock as well as a few marks in close (Up to about 15 mile out). In crappier weather will hit up the creeks. It's a 4.3 stacer outlaw with a 50 4st yammy so I can't be too reckless. I am booked on Damos charter (Hookedon1770) for the 27th Dec. Hopefully the weather gods will be kind and we will get onto some reef fish.

1 minute ago, Fishaman said:

Depends on weather. If it's calm enough we will got over to Bustard and fish inner , middle and outer rock as well as a few marks in close (Up to about 15 mile out). In crappier weather will hit up the creeks. It's a 4.3 stacer outlaw with a 50 4st yammy so I can't be too reckless. I am booked on Damos charter (Hookedon1770) for the 27th Dec. Hopefully the weather gods will be kind and we will get onto some reef fish.

Oh nice one mate. Good luck with the 27th. 

I have really enjoyed fishing Bustard Head and the 3 reefs. Great spot to tow a few things around for macs and toooonas. 

4 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

Oh nice one mate. Good luck with the 27th. 

I have really enjoyed fishing Bustard Head and the 3 reefs. Great spot to tow a few things around for macs and toooonas. 

I have 4 acres of land up there and have built a 10X11 shed (4.5m high for my eventual big boat). It;s where we will retire to once we boot these kids outta home 😛

Archived