New Pb Flatty . Burnett River Fishing Session

Brodie_S

Hey BWB

Great session - that is a solid flatty. Shame about the biggun that got away at the end. It could've been a 3 metre flatty! 😉 

I bet it will be very yummy. Good job on the Moses Perch and pike too - Pike make a good bait so if you keep them and freeze them you can use them as strips, cubes, etc.

Cheers Hamish 🙂 

Nice flattie bro. Like Brian said, don’t feel bad about keeping it. Lots of people have different ideas and standards, but I reckon let the experts make the rules and the rest of us should follow them. Practice catch and release if you like, but there is also nothing wrong with keeping a feed.

On 03/10/2020 at 12:52 PM, Breaming with bro said:

Bundaberg fishing session .

yesterday I went down to Burnett river in Bundaberg for a fish . I found this spot under a bridge that had a walkway under it and i fished off there . I got there rigged up a 2.5 inch baitjunkie in whitebait on a 1/8 jig head size 1 hook and started throwing casts I got a few bites no hooks up just small fish then after a few more cast I hooked a small pike for some reason the pike go crazy for the baitjunkie plastics so if anyone is in need to catch heaps of pike buy some baitjunkie 2.5 minnowz because every time I’ve used them I’ve caught pike the first time I used them I hooked about 7-12 lost count . Anyway on my 8 or 9th cast I hooked something big that was right near me probably 5 metres away I thought I was snagged but then I felt some headshakes and my drag was going nuts anyway the fish surfaced quite quickly before going back down and i seen a massive flathead i also seen it had swallowed my lure right down deep . Luckily it wasn’t far from the shore and my dad got the net and landed the flathead .I measured the flathead and it managed to beat my PB flathead by 2cm 57cm I was going to release it but my dad dropped the fish on the rocks once and it was also bleeding a bit because of the deep hooking so I decided to keep it and humanity kill it i and also because my parents wanted to keep it . I wouldn’t keep a flathead over 56cm but because it was slightly damaged and only 1cm over I thought it wouldn’t hurt . Will probably fillet the flathead later . After that I had a another cast and also hooked something big but pulled the hooks fairly quick on whatever it was and then after that I hooked a baby Moses perch 

conditons 

i didn’t plan the fishing session it was just a quick afternoon flick and I don’t really know what the conditions were . but I think it was around low tide it was sunny and windy from around 3 or 4:00 pm . I will probably look up the conditions later 

gear . reel shimano stradic FL 1000 . Rod atomic arrowz bream surface rod 2pc 3-8lb

mainline 6lb j braid x8 and 6lb sunline FC rock leader 

TT lures headlocks 1/8th in size 1 hook 

daiwa baitjunkie 2.5 inch minnowz in whitebait with a tiny bit of s factor 

oh and the photos 

39770E2D-A87E-4862-9416-EB6F452B4BCF.jpeg

1C7AB05C-E5DD-49F9-8DA0-D1AFBE5678D4.jpeg

Nice lizard bro , some great spots in Bundy  . Well done anyway bro