Experiment

3 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

That looks like a sweet combo. 

Glad you had a hit there. More to come by the sound of it. 

I have lost a few rods over the side. I trolled a reef anchor for about an hour for one but had no luck... 

If I lay a rod down and have to do something and cant open the bail arm I have it so just the first foot or so is hanging over the side. It would probably break the tip off but you can put a new one on and you don't loose your reel. 

I stress out over loose sinkers causing electrolysis I normally sit the rod in the holder just didn't want the sinker rolling under the floor

24 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Geez for an advertisement you'd think they would have gone to the trouble of ensuring the line was evenly put onto the spool ..... 

Yep I'm thinking maybe the fisho that used that reel should look for one with level wind

11 hours ago, GregOug said:

Oh well, next time you go back and catch it, you’ll recognise it by the rod and reel hanging out of its mouth.

I know you were busy mining for lead at the time, but did you happen to notice a fin about three feet tall slicing through the water near where your line entered the water, perchance?

14 hours ago, Sneaky1 said:

Good news and bad news this morning , good news is I had 5 good arches on the fish finder and I finally put a hook in a big bait to see how putting in those hours would pay off. Bad news is out of the corner of my eye I spotted a small ball sinker on the floor so I put the rod down for a second and went to grab the sinker. I then heard a bang and splash when my back was turned it was my texalium with my Calcutta 700s going in the drink.I think of all my rods as my shiney  children that don't talk back and to have one abducted like that really craps me off.

Do u want ur old combo bak davo ??????

5 minutes ago, Snapper scotty said:

K cool sux  u lost ur rod shld  hav put it in a  holda wot did u get

Yes Scotty I should have put it in a rod holder, that was my first cast so I didn't catch anything

1 hour ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Geez for an advertisement you'd think they would have gone to the trouble of ensuring the line was evenly put onto the spool ..... 

Yep, I think that anyone who has used an overhead real would be thinking the same thing as well, I know I also did when I first saw it. Someone slipped up in the marketing department!

49 minutes ago, GregOug said:

I know you were busy mining for lead at the time, but did you happen to notice a fin about three feet tall slicing through the water near where your line entered the water, perchance?

No but it wouldn't surprise me if the hung around out there , I know a spot off bribie that usually has sharks hanging around plus a couple spots in the passage

8 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

Whoa look at those pipes. I think that would rattle my fillings out and spill my tea into the digestive as it went past the house.

🙂

The neighbour told me yesterday his lounge room window was rattling when it was warming up . 

2 hours ago, Junky said:

Is that the water cooled engine? 

Yes mate just spent a fortune on the motor so it can handle nos but I'm waiting until after Christmas to hook it up to keep the wife quiet

21 minutes ago, Drop Bear said:

any updates on the experiment? 

Work , wind and family have been interfering with my experiment but I have managed to make some smaller burley logs 3kg each mainly from school mackerel , bread and mullet got 4 school mackerel off the beach on tuesday night. I was hoping to get tailor but the 2 I got were under

My experiment has come to an end after fishing the area hard yesterday morning in fantastic conditions and last night again in fantastic conditions with nothing to get excited about. Biggest fish landed was only a 42cm squire. The whole experiment was reasonably cheap to do I think the most expensive part was buying the wife a new food processor (always check with wife before making burley logs) . I might give it another shot in Autumn when I seem to have success with bigger snapper. For the time being I'm just going to concentrate on my anti shark contraption my brother is handling the legal side of things making sure it hasn't been done before and applying for a patent and handling anything the greenies might whinge about .apparently I'm to aggressive and argumentative for the bunch of sooks .

1 minute ago, ellicat said:

That's a shame it didn't get the results we were all hoping for. Can't wait for the Autumn phase.

What is the gist of your anti shark contraption ? Sounds interesting.

Me and a good mate ex pro fisherman recently deceased were sick of losing good fish to sharks , so we started playing with ideas on how to fix the problem one of our ideas worked awesome so I'm going to market it and go 50 /50 in the proceeds with his wife if it takes off. Unfortunately Thommo didn't have an insurance policy when he passed .so I'm hoping this works not just for me but for Sue and their 2 boys aswell

7 hours ago, Sneaky1 said:

Me and a good mate ex pro fisherman recently deceased were sick of losing good fish to sharks , so we started playing with ideas on how to fix the problem one of our ideas worked awesome so I'm going to market it and go 50 /50 in the proceeds with his wife if it takes off. Unfortunately Thommo didn't have an insurance policy when he passed .so I'm hoping this works not just for me but for Sue and their 2 boys aswell

I really hope you make millions!  

2 minutes ago, Kat said:

Hi @Sneaky1

I understand why ellicat was asking - and from your answer (brother handling legal) you are probably aware you cannot divulge any info publicly without risking your chances at a patent.

Cheers Kat

Your 100% right Kat , I have to be very carefull or I could blow the whole thing

8 minutes ago, GregOug said:

Me too!

Don't think it will go into the millions but that would be nice .I'm thinking about selling one of the Harleys to kick off production pending the outcome of the patent application.

Just now, GregOug said:

I believe patents aren’t cheap either. Especially if you need to get a patent attorney involved.

Yeah the application and all the legals are definitely not cheap but I have that part covered . The production side of things is reasonably cheap . I am trying to find a way to see if the Queensland government will let incarcerated inmates do the production side of things so (a) the inmates have a job (b) the money stays here not Thailand.  (C) it would be an Australian made product