Fish Smoker keg

davostephens
Go to solution Solved by Drop Bear,

dry.

layer in bake dish.

Salt, Brown Sugar. Fillet.... Topped with honey, soy,pepper, OL Bay seasoning(lightly) Scotch, Dill.. Then more salt and sugar. then next fillet/layer.  It will all go to liquid in 24 hrs.. Then rinse FW,  and put under a fan for an hour or so. If you can hang in the beer/bait fridge for a day dripping onto newspaper.  Hot and fresh strait out of the smoker is best. My mac frames I scrape the meat off and in a bowl I add wholegrain mustard, Egg mayo or greek yogurt, lemon, olive oil, red onion, parsly etc... whatever you reckon realy.... Mash it up and on a biki with a beer is the go. Better than burying frames for the worms

26 minutes ago, davostephens said:

dry.

layer in bake dish.

Salt, Brown Sugar. Fillet.... Topped with honey, soy,pepper, OL Bay seasoning(lightly) Scotch, Dill.. Then more salt and sugar. then next fillet/layer.  It will all go to liquid in 24 hrs.. Then rinse FW,  and put under a fan for an hour or so. If you can hang in the beer/bait fridge for a day dripping onto newspaper.  Hot and fresh strait out of the smoker is best. My mac frames I scrape the meat off and in a bowl I add wholegrain mustard, Egg mayo or greek yogurt, lemon, olive oil, red onion, parsly etc... whatever you reckon realy.... Mash it up and on a biki with a beer is the go. Better than burying frames for the worms

Now you are making me hungry... Pro tips there thanks. 

hungry homer simpson GIF

Another tip.. In the bottom of keg, throw some old teabags (non milked) lemon peel, orange peel, Kaffir lime leaves...Just some things you can smolder to give a different taste. Not all at once.. But the ideas there to try flavours. 

If I did a soy base marinate with ketchup manis, salt Brown sugar.. then Id roll fish in dry chilli flakes maybe a smear of ginger and before smoking.. Kaffir lime leaves in bottom of keg..

Then I just water blast the ash out.

Experiment.

4 minutes ago, davostephens said:

If I did a soy base marinate with ketchup manis, salt Brown sugar.. then Id roll fish in dry chilli flakes maybe a smear of ginger and before smoking.. Kaffir lime leaves in bottom of keg..

Then I just water blast the ash out.

STOP IT!!! I am supposed to be on a diet. haha

OK I need to do this. Thanks. 

We have loads of kaffir lime and other citrus as well as lemon myrtle