Knights vs. Roosters, McDonald Jones Stadium 7:55pm

Saturday, July 23

Raiders vs. Warriors, GIO Stadium 3pm

Panthers vs. Sharks, BlueBet Stadium 5:30pm

Rabbitohs vs. Storm, Stadium Australia 7:35pm

Sunday, July 24

Bulldogs vs. Titans, CommBank Stadium 2pm

Cowboys vs. Tigers, QLD Country Bank Stadium 4:05pm

Hey lads and ladets is anyone else really over the inconsistency in the refereeing and the interpretations of rules. There was so many bad calls in games over the last few weekends and the amount of forward passes being thrown and not pulled up. It is getting ridiculous. I have been a long time NRL fan but I am getting so close to not bothering to watch anymore as it is beyond a joke now. The bunker seems to pick and choose when they get involved and even then they make calls opposite to what is blatantly obvious. I just don't understand how has been allowed to become the product it is today.. I understand protect the head however people are shoulder charging and being put on report and then others do the same and get away with it. Some high shots are from the arm bouncing or from the players slipping but hen reported. Players being committed to the shot on a kicker yet being penalised. What re they supposed to do?

I'll always love the game and watch it. Refereeing will always be under the pump as they have to make/deal with a lot of decisions from new rules etc each game. They're only human. However when it comes to the Bunker they definitely need to clean up their act. They have all the extra time they need to make a decision so the fail rate should be a lot lower and their interventions need to be more consistent.

2 minutes ago, ellicat said:

I'll always love the game and watch it. Refereeing will always be under the pump as they have to make/deal with a lot of decisions from new rules etc each game. They're only human. However when it comes to the Bunker they definitely need to clean up their act. They have all the extra time they need to make a decision so the fail rate should be a lot lower and their interventions need to be more consistent.

It is more the bunker I am frustrated with. I love NRL but just am getting so frustrated lately. 

I have a friend that was heading towards refereeing in the NRL proper however stopped one step short of going full time.

Behind closed doors the on-field referees share the same frustration with the bunker as with the fans - although they would never say this publicly

Part of it is that the Bunker constantly overruling on field rulings is confidence sapping for a ref working with one view and limited time.

Constant tinkering with rules / interpretations has made the job of on-field ref even harder.

They should bring the original intent of the bunker as removing howlers of calls. The rest leave it to the on field ref, they will get some wrong but i can live with that when its a split second call.

9 hours ago, Jimmyjack said:

I agree that tiges were as deserved winners as cows, but respectfully point out that a  penalty doesn't need to have the potential to score points as an outcome to be awarded.

As someone said somewhere, theyve seen a hundred given and a hundred ignored in the same situation. He did change hhis line but it wouldnt have changed the result. Hard on the Tiges. Having said that, how was Taumololo going to be stopped last weekend when refs ruled interference. And the penalty against Parra earlier in the weekend was much worse. On both last night's occasion and Thursday's occasion, the rule was correct but the interpretation wasnt. IMO

Just to clarify, my 'I can't see it was worth it' comment wasn't referring to whether it was worth a penalty, I was referring to the lack of need for the Tigers player to impede Feldt and risk a match-sealing penalty, given the very unlikely scenario that the Cowboys would have scored if they managed to regather the ball.

Agree with you, there are plenty of 'strange' rulings.

12 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Just to clarify, my 'I can't see it was worth it' comment wasn't referring to whether it was worth a penalty, I was referring to the lack of need for the Tigers player to impede Feldt and risk a match-sealing penalty, given the very unlikely scenario that the Cowboys would have scored if they managed to regather the ball.

OK gotcha and agree! 

12 hours ago, kmcrosby78 said:

'I can't see it was worth it' 

Yeah Kelvin, quite often think the same when watching a game.

Just wonder about the thinking capacity of some players.🥴

A lot off penalty's you can see coming and when they lose the game everyone blames

the coach, Should take a big stick to the players just before they run on the paddock.😅

Here we go again, so between the on field officials and Bunker calls, what excitement have they got for us this round

Round Twenty

Thursday, July 28

Sea Eagles vs. Roosters, 4 Pines Park 7:50pm

Friday, July 29

Warriors vs. Storm, Mt Smart Stadium** 6pm

Eels vs. Panthers, CommBank Stadium 7:55pm

Saturday, July 30

Titans vs. Raiders, Cbus Super Stadium 3pm

Sharks vs. Rabbitohs, PointsBet Stadium 5:30pm

Broncos vs. Tigers, Suncorp Stadium 7:35pm

Sunday, July 31

Knights vs. Bulldogs, McDonald Jones Stadium 2pm

Dragons vs. Cowboys, Netstrata Jubilee 4:05pm

3 hours ago, ellicat said:

After the kerfuffle of last week's game, did anyone notice the lack of the 'soft whistle' at the end of last night's game ?......just saying...

I asked my NRL ref prospect. 

The soft whistle was a term phrased by the NRL to explain the Cowboys / Tigers debacle.

It's not any actual thing in the referee trainee, he did however say the on field ref is supposed to check with with the touchies and confirm no infringements prior to blowing full time.

The "soft whistle" is how the NRL explained what this pre-full time whistle "check" was.

Round Twenty results…

Thursday, July 28

Sea Eagles 10  vs. 20  Roosters
whether one be a hymner and psalmer or not, it was a good game of footy on show, and I wonder how many h&p’s invested some of their hard earned with
PointsBet, for a Roosters win… just pondering of course…

well, I’m guessing rigid faith, belief, and bull droppings go hand in hand when one is consulted

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-sea-eagles-players-plan-to-end-pride-jersey-boycott/news-story/68058678f5a7ab1a625fb1f556fc31fe

Friday, July 29

Warriors 12  vs. 24 Storm
The Storm found some form, while the Warriors have settled back into their home base…

Eels 34  vs. 10 Panthers
the foothill’s and lower mountain people are aghast, but yelling
Now, you listen here! He's Nathan of Penrith, and yes he's a very naughty boy! Now go away”…. 
Cleary took the early guilty plea and is out for 5 weeks

Meanwhile Mitchell Moses broke a finger and it requires surgery… prognosis, at least 4 weeks out

Saturday, July 30

Titans 24  vs. 36 Raiders
Raiders rolled on…. but most do against the Titans

Sharks 21  vs. 20 Rabbitohs
Sharks slot the pot shot, in the 2nd half of golden point… Bunnies missed 3 attempts to seal the GP win.

Broncos 18  vs. 32 Tigers
Ah, the impending changes coming to Tiger Town, Every player now wants to prove he is  value for the jersey, in 2023…some Bronco’s needed this check.

Sunday, July 31

Knights 10  vs. 24  Bulldogs

Doggies continue growling, snarling, and biting… 4 wins from their last 6 games.

Dragons 8  vs. 34 Cowboys
Cowboys shot the puff out of the Dragons

Round Twenty-One

Thursday, August 4

Roosters vs. Broncos, SCG 7.50pm

Friday, August 5

Storm vs. Titans, AAMI Park 6pm

Sea Eagles vs. Eels, 4 Pines Park 7.55pm

Saturday, August 6

Rabbitohs vs. Warriors, Sunshine Coast Stadium 3pm

Raiders vs Panthers, GIO Stadium 5.30pm

Sharks vs. Dragons, PointsBet Stadium 7.35pm