Moreton Bay weather for Saturday 9 July 2022 - Windy early before better arvo conditions

Hweebe

Saturday morning conditions hovering between 10-15knots however the arvo forecast looks very good.

Morning is a run out tide so wind and current will be in same direction meaning the 10-15knt might actually still be comfortable for fishing.

I don't normally arvo/evening fish on a Saturday because it kind of messes up both days on the weekend. (Saturday prepping for arvo trip/Sunday morning clean up)

What's peoples thoughts on Arvo fishing? I'm strictly an early start / early finish fisho.

I'm 50:50 on whether I'll be heading out 🙂  - Tight lines.

image.png.7b6c37efd22288ae6a0c24061e1d26bc.png

Meteye 7am, 10am & 1pm - Conditions really improving after lunch time.

image.png.c9f6c8ea825517089ae6a217d8419ad3.pngimage.png.460a4b90c9071de35fca9c2205f7f156.pngimage.png.1e1061ac41202711e558450fe4aaa426.png

13 hours ago, ellicat said:

I'm usually disappointed when fishing afternoon/evening. Saturday is looking pretty good weather-wise. I'd be going if it was a weekday.

I never rely on Seabreeze for a bay forecast as it is for coastal waters - i.e. the beach.

Yeah Seabreeze is the quick and easy look at the weather forecast to see if is even worth having a closer look at wind on meteye and then what tides are happening.

If I see all RED arrows then I quickly move on to the list of chores the misso always has ready and waiting 😛 

Glad you got out...and before the traffic turned up. That's a win.

You must have been on the right grounds to get the wobby. I/We have been getting quite a few, actually a lot, in recent times. That one would have been quite heavy !

I'm far from being a squid expert (not even a novice), but have been in told 8 - 12 metres about a km east of Green there are good squid and cuttlefish grounds. Tried once for no luck. @kmcrosby78 might be able to steer you closer. Westerly winds are supposed to be a good thing, as it clears the water up a bit.

1 hour ago, ellicat said:

You must have been on the right grounds to get the wobby. I/We have been getting quite a few, actually a lot, in recent times. That one would have been quite heavy !

I'm far from being a squid expert (not even a novice), but have been in told 8 - 12 metres about a km east of Green there are good squid and cuttlefish grounds. Tried once for no luck. @kmcrosby78 might be able to steer you closer. Westerly winds are supposed to be a good thing, as it clears the water up a bit.

We quickly got the feel of what a wobby felt like on the line. The one in the photo was one big dead weight with almost no fight (biggest of the 3).

It was south-westerly winds on Saturday hence why i thought i should have given it a go for squid - Got a few yamashita jigs that i haven't used in anger 🙂