Who uses their leccy motor gyzmos?

Old Scaley

On 22/08/2022 at 10:56 AM, Hweebe said:

For the Stejcraft I definitely think you would need a 112lb 36v 72" combo.

I didn't get a chance to try spot lock in strong current on Saturday but will continue my test in Rous or northern bay soon and report back.

Does the Stejcraft catch much wind in your experience.

Weight wise and length wise its bigger than my boat 575c and I know that most of the Bar crusher 615c owners (closer to your boat size, weight and fuel capacity) upgrade to the 112lb 36v 72" combo.

At least if you get that combo - you won't have any regrets of not going bigger.

You went big on the outboard and have no regrets, i don't see why it would be any different for the trolling motor

Greg should definitely go bigger!

5 hours ago, GregN70 said:

I have a Motorguide on my creek boat. The only gizmos that I use or think is valuable are:

Spot Lock, works really well, unless you are under a bridge and it can't see the satellites, mine lost its connections, got confused & took off on me, crashed hard into a bridge pylon.

Jog Feature to move in steps 1.5m, I love this when you just need to adjust to get the right spot

I tried using the heading feature when trolling for barra, but it's useless. It's meant to keep you going on the same heading, but ended wiggling my way across the flats like a drunk was in control.

THe others i cant find any use for

Have you found those features useful for catching more fish?

14 hours ago, GregN70 said:

I’ve not caught any more fish that I would have with an anchor 

I would argue against this especially offshore. Being able to drop anchor on top of fish and not 100m upcurrent and hoping I land on top of the spot first time is invaluable. And then there's the noise factor. 

The jog feature is new and I can definitely see the benefits imagine trying to re-anchor and move 5m to the north. Good Luck.

Also used the track feature the other day for flatties on a 2km long track I recorded first with the main motor. Worked a treat but would have been better if there was no snot weed.