Trying to get a mangrove jack

Mylesfisher

Hey guys I am back my boat motor is getting serviced and will be ready soon I was flicking minnows around my neighbourhood landbased and j in caught my pb tailor 60cm just with slow retrieve. I am setting up for fishing some jack spots I’ll give Monaco bridge a try and also loders creek bridges with a 4000 reel with a 3-6kg rod with 20lb braid and 30lb flouro 9ft leader weightless on a 4/0 hook on whiting and mullets and biddies and a 5000 reel on a 6-12kg rod with 20lb braid and 40lb leader with 2 snell rigged 5/0s for bigger  livies but I will be looking for more spots some guy said Nerang river bridge on Facebook and I thought that was rubbish it’s way too shallow it’s like 50cm deep on low tide but anyways I’ll see how I go in the dark hopefully I get a 60cm big red 

AF5DD8D4-639C-4BF0-8FA8-87B0733D9BA9.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Mylesfisher said:

Hey guys sorry for the break I was gonna go for a fish at loders creek with livies but the rain ruined it so i will go this weekend I went for a kandbased flick around the canals and got 2 flatties a 75 and 50 hopefully i have some luck next weekend

A 75 is an awesome flattie - post pics please...

10 hours ago, Kat said:

Well done!  I have never seen a pic with the dorsal fins sticking up like that.  Sick fish?

Kat it’s the sign of a healthy fish. Next time you catch a flatty (or any other fish) try giving it a gentle shake and the fins should pop up. Bit of a trick some use for a better photo

Hey guys I have done some research about the session this arvo at paradise water my mate has a baitcaster with 20lb braid and 30lb leader hes gonna use a hardbody with an agressive retrieve and illl use 20lb braid and leader with a 3/0 3/8 jighead with a minnowz 3" iv eused this exact lure and have only gotten flathead i did a double or triple hopping retrieve in your head what is the best retrieve and jighead weight for jacks like slow roll, or a rush rush hop hop retrieve

Hey guys just came back from another sean at my secret spot 🤫 I got 2 bigeyes a 42cm and a 37cm one on a 4” minnowz When I was going back home on a walk I threw my lure at some foam and got a big 52cm tailor which I will be eating sorry I don’t have the bigeye photos yet mg mate is a bit dozey

11572EF2-5B1B-4790-AF78-91EA7B465BB2.png