Suburbs of Origin 22/23 EOI

The Mad Hughesy

Suburbs of Origin 22/23 EOI  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Dates for this years event

• Same as last year, start the 9/12 and go to the 15/01
    • Extend the comp so there is some time prior to school holidays for fishing
    • Shorten the comp

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/28/2022 at 02:00 PM

5 hours ago, Hweebe said:

Before i complete this vote - I'll need to collude with my fellow southsiders on what works best for them to get the win 🙂 

Hi Hweebe - I’ve managed to create this private chat function just for us Southsiders (I have added any Southsider that competed last year - will add more once they sign up). 
Given that we have absolutely dominated them most years since the competition’s inception I wouldn’t worry too much about the length of the comp. I am highly confident that unless they’ve had an influx of new members that can actually fish, they’re unlikely to get anywhere near us. I do feel sorry for them, and for the sake of the comp, it would probably be better if they were a bit more competitive, but we can only beat what they put in front of us …….  @ellicat  @Old Scaley  @AUS-BNE-FISHO and others, feel free to interject, but I don’t see the length of the comp as having a say in the (inevitable) outcome.

Over to you guys 😎. Once we agree we can put our position out publicly on the forum so the Northside clowns know our viewpoint.

Edited by kmcrosby78

1 minute ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Hi Hweebe - I’ve managed to create this private chat function just for us Southsiders (I have added any Southsider that competed last year - will add more once they sign up). 
Given that we have absolutely dominated them most years since the competition’s inception I wouldn’t worry too much about the length of the comp. I am highly confident that unless they’ve had an influx of new members that can actually fish, they’re unlikely to get anywhere near us. I do feel sorry for them, and for the sake of the comp, it would probably be better if they were a bit more competitive, but we can only beat what they put in front of us …….  @ellicat  @Old Scaley  @AUS-BNE-FISHO and others, feel free to interject, but I don’t see the length of the comp as having a say in the (inevitable) outcome.

Over to you guys 😎. Once we agree we can put our position out publicly on the forum so the Northside clowns know our viewpoint.

Through all that waffle I did take away one good point. Very few new members these days. Need to do a member drive

2 minutes ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Ummm @ellicat, HELP, my understanding of technology has seemingly failed me. Please check your PM’s ASAP ….

30 minutes ago, Old Scaley said:

I voted to stay the same, but only because I am change resistant. Upon reflection, maybe having a longer comp would be better, even if it is just give @GregOug a chance to catch a fish.🤣

Actually, catching fish has become so ho hum for me that I don’t bother doing reports anymore. Or even taking photos. 

Believe it or not! 

41 minutes ago, Another Wazza said:

Yes Greg, unlike previous competitions where you have purchased whole fish from the seafood shop, for the purpose of claiming them as your “own capture”, just be warned, Brian was a bean counter, and if team south gets so much as a whiff of that nonsense, there will be a full audit of your accounts...... Hahahaha!

Now, now. In my defence I did have to wait in line behind four southsliders when buying those fish. 

33 minutes ago, Another Wazza said:

Yes Greg, however, the south siders you speak of were only purchasing fish for consumption, not for the purpose of trying to edge their way on to the leader board 😀

That’s funny? Because what I watched them buy appeared on the comp page the very next day. Must have just been a coincidence. Now I think of it, they couldn’t have been the same ones because they were a lot longer on their measuring devices than the ones they bought. Forget I said anything. 

7 hours ago, benno573 said:

and how many points did you contribute for team south last year....?

We're in a luxurious position of not requiring everyone on our team to contribute and to be frank, similar to the footy tipping comp, I find it hard to get motivated unless I feel challenged ........... 😛😆.  Thanks for the question though (turncoat .......) 😀.