Custom SnyderGlas Rebuild/refurbish .... From this to this

Thanks for the support all. You do these because you look at these old rods and think, naaah this is what you were meant to be.
I've got an old Bonnie Doon II back there, just waiting for me to find a Tip section I can rebuild and finish it with .... why ............. because !
and if you've got one and would rather do it yourself, let me know, you can have the butt section.

Yep, I agree Bob9863 , when I'm doing a restoration, I try to match the hatch as much as I can, while trying to maintain 'fishability - like putting on modern, old look guides for practical reasons. I was doing this kind of binding work before this rod was made, and it was originally built using C grade thread, had to improve that, so I felt at liberty to go for it 😉
re Match the Hatch, I have someone who has asked me to price an old bamboo rod to use as a restoration 'Show Piece' will need a LOT of work, I desperately want to do it, said I will do it for half price .... hope I haven't scared him off!!!
If I get the job I will be wanting to match the period, not overdo, not too fancy etc., I've even been scrounging up wire guides in my old Stuff to match the hatch.
;)