7 hours ago, Tuna are fish said:

Yeah great reels, wanted to give the left hand crank a go because my left arm cramps hard when i jig for a long period of time so im hoping that this will stop it or it will just cramp my right, time will tell

I'm a lefty wind, so I can relate. 

It makes sense to hold the rod with your strongest hand/arm, especially weighty critters. 

You're only winding with the left, the fight is on the right. 

I'm sure that reel will be a great winch for jigging. 

11 hours ago, Kat said:

Ha ha.  I jigged for squid yesterday - always use dominant had for winding (right) but left hand/arm got sick and tired of it about 15 minutes in 😸.  Maybe I should swap but not sure it would feel "right"...

I swapped years ago when I started casting plastics and lures more. 

The reason being, and I learnt from the pros, is that you cast the rod out with your right hand, why swap to left to retrieve?

If the fish are surface feeding, you could possibly get a hookup when that lure hits the water and you're swapping the rod to the left hand.

That little amount of time for swapping over is all it takes for a jack to reach his snag and bust you off,and that was happening to me. 

Another situation is casting at oyster ridden rocks.

I can cast, hit water, and be retrieving straight away, keeping the plastic just above the rocks.

If I'm swapping, the plastic sinks, finds a nice oyster shell to lodge itself in and you're now snagged. 

Horses for courses but that's the only way I fish now.