Bli Bli Barra Park AFO Barra Comp ?

Angus

whatnow wrote:

and since they have put the new barra in the pond pretty easy to catch 10+

and a suggestion could you have a prize for most barra caught to?

that could be hard to keep tabs on..with so many members there. i really want to see somthing caught out of the mixed species pond..have never seen anything caught out of there.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys looks like the verdict is the 2nd.

I do apologise to those who will miss out becuase of this but if its a success we can do it again.

Whatnow: Like Jimmybob said, a numbers game would be sweet. However it would be very tricky to keep tabs on. I will have a better think about it. Maybe a largest barra and a best misc? (Best of all other species except barra).

Guys ill add this to the calendar now so please sign up if you are interested. I will try to ensure there is meat there for a good BBQ.

Cheers.

Angus

Cowfish: Mate with the number I anticipate you will get a lift for sure. I will check with Tanya to see who she ropes in but if we have room ill take you mate. If not though, there will be a seat im sure.

Everyone: Event is now in the "Attend Events" sections. Once again for catering, please register so I know how much meat to organise.

Cheers!

Angus

Lozzel wrote:

Have I upset AFO or something :laugh: :laugh:

2 BBQs & Fishin in Mar and I cant go to either. Damm you Gus,better make up big time :P :kiss:

Well atleast I will be here for the Charter, unless Elli changes the date. :silly:

Have fun boys and take pleanty of Pics.

Sorry Lozzel!

Havennt seen you in ages either mate. Dont worry plenty more on this year.

Click the link in my footer as its a direct route to the events list and for signing up to them.

Cheers mate.

Angus

Ok guys locked in and confirmed. The 2nd of march it is.

Looking forward to it.

There will be a prize for Longest Barra photographed on a brag mat.

And Best Misc Fish (can be any other species).

Meat (Snags of various flavours) has been organised but if people could bring their own bread and sauce, that would be awesome.

Please remember to go to "Attend Events" and register if you are coming. I dont want to be short on food! There is a short cut to "Attend Events" in my footer.

Cheers!

Angus

I reckon for a little while you'll get away with heavier leader because it sounds like there's heaps of extra fish in there so they aren't as educated. Give it a few months and they'll probably get more spooky once they've been hooked a few times.

That's why Kev reckons he had no trouble with 20lb, he thinks they were all fresh stock. Probably explains why people fishing a few months back said they couldn't get a touch till they went down to 6lb.

Pure speculation there though.

yeh mid jan or so they put heaps more in barra creek and easy to catch

and its more fun when u fish lite cowfish and when im in barra creek i put drag down even lower than normal and get more fight = more fun

and for lure sizes kevin got them on sx-48 and his megabass which was round 10cm i think and the most succesful plastic is 5inch gulp chertreus i think (the yellowy green 1)

whatnow wrote:

and its more fun when u fish lite cowfish and when im in barra creek i put drag down even lower than normal and get more fight = more fun

and for lure sizes kevin got them on sx-48 and his megabass which was round 10cm i think and the most succesful plastic is 5inch gulp chertreus i think (the yellowy green 1)

Jackalls worked equally as well

shortie wrote:

whatnow wrote:

What type shortie? Lipless cranks or crank baits??

Looking forward to swimming your 110??:P I saw it at Kev's place the other day, it was beautiful and made me want one. Great colours.

Dan23 wrote:

shortie wrote:
whatnow wrote:

What type shortie? Lipless cranks or crank baits??

Looking forward to swimming your 110??:P I saw it at Kev's place the other day, it was beautiful and made me want one. Great colours.

Dan i used a tn 50 the blue/orange colour. I cant wait to test my new lure. I bet kevs been tempted to see how it swims.

Archived