8B48+1 NPD 23rd

Dinodadog

Hit the dam at Bullocky area at 6am this am. 1st cast on right away, good fish,got it in to the grass and lost it, booo hooo. Then nothing for 30 mins [must have scared the other fish] then on again managed to get this one in, about a 35cm bass and that was the start to a good little session.

Got 4 more about the same size, then hooked into a runner and off he went, had to chase him all over the place before I managed to get him in through the grass, he or she was a nice 53cm bass, it was a long lean fighting machine [very skinny].

About this time I thought to myself a yella now and I would be real happy. [and I Imust have been a good boy lately] because the next cast and in comes a yella. So as I havn't had a feed of fish for awhile, I decided to take the yella and the good bass home and while waiting for them to bleed I managed 2 more bass. Lures and tactics as per last post. Also lost another good fish to the grass before I left just before 8am, the sun was getting a real bite in it. Beware of snakes,wasps and ants they all hurt.

Fish while you can

Dinodadog [img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/npd23_001.JPG

post-1453-144598445013_thumb.jpg

EMP go to bullocky or the car park before, walk around mown grass till you see a track

Ritseef Raider if you high stick the rod on the retreive you can use any lure,I find s/baits No 1

Lee its strange with the skinny fish as all the smaller fish were normal, one bass spewed up a lot of very tiny bonies and mixed in was a lot of little bits of grass, it looks like they are eating the new shoots of the grass.

All right, Dino. I shall venture into Bullocky one of these unscheduled fishing days. Thanks heaps, mate. :)

Dinodadog wrote:

EMP go to bullocky or the car park before, walk around mown grass till you see a track

Ritseef Raider if you high stick the rod on the retreive you can use any lure,I find s/baits No 1

Lee its strange with the skinny fish as all the smaller fish were normal, one bass spewed up a lot of very tiny bonies and mixed in was a lot of little bits of grass, it looks like they are eating the new shoots of the grass.

Archived