rayke1938

Had my best session since when we used to boat on NPD today. The fish were only small the best going 35cm bit a lot of fum . When trolling with 3 rods I had one triple hook up and 3 double hook ups.

Stopped trolling and tried spinner baits but no result but landed 20 fish on a green g vibe. They were not interested in any other colour or jackalls.

The main area that I caught the fish in was a fair way up with a lot of dead timber where the dam has a left turn in it. They were holding in 10 to 20 ft of water with the water being 3-ft deep.

The main school was around 100 yards each side of the bend.

Stopped fishing around 8 am and went for a cruise up to the top of the dam.

Ended up with over 40 fish for the day.

The best lure was a purple 8m crazy deep followed by a gold 8m crazy deep and then a river2sea dp cnk65 in a green colour.

Back at ramp by 11am after a top session. The other 2 members of the old furts a bit peeved when o told them about the session. I responded do you wish me to ring you at 3am to invite you along. That shut them up.

P1010864AFO-1.jpg

One arm at top od dam

P1010865AFO-3.jpg

The other arm

P1010868AFO.jpg

Dead trees just before bend where the fish were

P1010869AFO-2.jpg

Sounds like the other guys have been holding you back all this time, ripping session that!

So you got them on bibless (gvibes), poppers and deep divers ! Nice.

I wonder why they didn't like the spinnerbaits today?

Sounds like most were taken on the troll, how long did you spend casting the poppers?

Did you leave from the ramp at the water tower or the other one?

Last two times I have fished the water tower ramp all the fish have been in the reaches to the left of the ramp, did you find the same thing today?

Thanks for the report.

Rocket

Fished with poppers from 5 to 6 wqas alternating between poppers and spinnerbaits. Strangely the fish that I caught on poppers were towards the centre of the dam not towards the bank or grass.

Launched from water tower.

I usually only troll on the left side.

Cheers

Ray

Oh Ray, I can't believe you're still acting like a teenager sneaking out for a quicky. I hope I have your vigour when I catch up to your age. And reward, far out 40 tail smakers, not bad at all. I suppose there are no phtos of fish because you were too busy getting them off your hooks.

Archived