shortie

Mate, there's plenty out there both cheap and expensive. Not sure if you want new or 2nd hand. But if you want 2nd hand, I'd say you can't go past a CZ - Brno .22, bloody good little rifles they are, and fairly popular. One of them teamed up with a reasonable Tasco or Nikko Sterling scope and some nice hollow points and you're way to helping keep the bunny numbers down. Even just as a fun rifle to muck around with target shooting etc they are quite reliable & accurate. Best thing about .22's is the rounds are cheap!

mangler wrote:

Mate, there's plenty out there both cheap and expensive. Not sure if you want new or 2nd hand. But if you want 2nd hand, I'd say you can't go past a CZ - Brno .22, bloody good little rifles they are, and fairly popular. One of them teamed up with a reasonable Tasco or Nikko Sterling scope and some nice hollow points and you're way to helping keep the bunny numbers down. Even just as a fun rifle to muck around with target shooting etc they are quite reliable & accurate. Best thing about .22's is the rounds are cheap!

Yep I agree can't go past a Bruno model 2 with a good scope most accurate and smooth sporting .22 made

Gaz

I was looking at getting my weapons license a few months ago cause I want to go out with the old man soon when he goes pig/feral stuff shooting out West. So I printed out all the paperwork and far out! It looks like I need to buy a vermin infested farm before they’ll let me get a license!! What did all you guys put down as your reasoning for getting a license!?

Joel ;)

Yep got the paper work. You pick it up from the police station. You need a form 1 Application for new license.

Anexure: For recreational shooting.

All you need is a letter from a person stating that they give you permission to use their property to recreational shoot on. Property must be over 40 acres and out of town. You then do a safety course. Its run every Sunday and the rifle range. Cost $75. Submit that with your paperwork and 2 passport photoes to the police station. Wait 2 months pay $100 for the license for the next 5 years.

Richard.

shortie wrote:

Yep got the paper work. You pick it up from the police station. You need a form 1 Application for new license.

Anexure: For recreational shooting.

All you need is a letter from a person stating that they give you permission to use their property to recreational shoot on. Property must be over 40 acres and out of town. You then do a safety course. Its run every Sunday and the rifle range. Cost $75. Submit that with your paperwork and 2 passport photoes to the police station. Wait 2 months pay $100 for the license for the next 5 years.

Richard.

Thats it in a nut shell.

Being a financial member of shooting club also qualifys you for a license

Archived