3rd trip @ Big W this weekend pays off

STU

Went back today with plasticman 1st day I only got the 1 bass 49.5 cm fl, 2nd day I found schooling bass caught 7 biggest 42cm fork then this morning took Andrew out to find them schooled up again we got 11 bass 12 if you count 1 boat side release:P we both got a 50cm fl each:woohoo: they were caught on tn 60 jackalls,masks and vx vibration lures they shut down after a while and could not tempt them also plenty of catties in between.

We should of kept the big ones in the well so we could of got a photo with them together but where pumped to get some more so we released them off the school straight away but still got double hookups with the 50's to show there size.And its good to be able to tell the differnce between bass and cattie Archs on the sounder save wasting time catching pests:)

Andrews first of the morning [img size=499]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Big_W_5.jpg

post-1103-144598456646_thumb.jpg

username_taken wrote:

damn you fellas! All I could get was catfish there today, kept changing lures, but they kept taking them, got two on a 8M boomerang!

UT, have you got that pic of mine mate?

Hi guys, got 6 bass today. All fork measures that went, 48, 50, 31, 54, 52, 52.

How do you upload picks from photo bucket, tried a copy paste and did not work

Steve did you get them on the troll, and that must of been you behind or in front of us us at the gate with the hobie could not see you guys out there did you go right from where you launched towards the steep cliffs

STU wrote:

Steve did you get them on the troll, and that must of been you behind us at the gate with the hobie could not see you guys out there did you go right from where you launched towards the steep cliffs

Yeah mate that was me

We went north towards logans [img size=499]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Wivenhoe_5th_May_002A.jpg

post-1371-144598456656_thumb.jpg

No time for a report just post some photos. Biggest for me was 45fl only caught 4 with one monster cattie.

Report now added. It was great to meet up with everyone today. After Saturday's session I was in high hopes of a big catch rate but that was not meant to be. I ended up with a 45,35,39,40 and a cattie of about 65cms. Also got smashed by something that snapped my leader and took my fav purple spinnerbait. Got all but one on the troll. It was a glorious day out on the water and good to explore another part of the dam. My mate who was supposed to turn up at 9:30 got there at 12 and by the time I had got to the gate he already had one in the canoe. He just text me to say he was over double digits with some over 50. It certainly is starting to heat up in the dam. Can't wait for next time I can get there.

Wivenhoe050508001Medium-2.jpg

Wivenhoe050508002Medium-2.jpg

Wivenhoe050508003Medium-2.jpg

Wivenhoe050508004Medium-2.jpg

Wivenhoe050508006Medium-2.jpg

Wivenhoe050508008Medium-2.jpg

Wivenhoe050508009Medium-2.jpg

STU wrote:

Steve did you get them on the troll, and that must of been you behind or in front of us us at the gate with the hobie could not see you guys out there did you go right from where you launched towards the steep cliffs

Stu I launched from Logans this morning is there actually another place you can launch from also is there? It was my 1st trip out there so was flying a bit blind.

Looks like you all had crackers of a day, me 1 catty thats it and a hell of alot of peddling.

Cheers

Heath

we launched from the sailing club but you need a key which means becoming a member and paying a small fee of 60 up front then 30 each year after and you get your own key and sign in and out at the gate its the other side of the dam near billys bay

StevenM wrote:

username_taken wrote:
damn you fellas! All I could get was catfish there today, kept changing lures, but they kept taking them, got two on a 8M boomerang!

UT, have you got that pic of mine mate?

Hi guys, got 6 bass today. All fork measures that went, 48, 50, 31, 54, 52, 52.

How do you upload picks from photo bucket, tried a copy paste and did not work

Hey Steve I got that pic of your 1st bass, the 54 I think, I've just got home so I'll put it up soon, I ended up with 3, Al got 3 the biggest 53cm

Archived