Big W 16th and NPD 17th

Dinodadog

Picked up my new rod from Lee,s place and its a little ripper. Thought I had better try it out so I packed the buggy, hooked up the elec boat and treked over the mountain to Wivenhoe. On arrival was greeted by thick fog which didn't clear until 9.30am. I said to the mate we might have a quick cast from the bank before we put the boat in. On my 2nd cast with my new rod I was on to a solid fish, I thought to myself this will try it out and thats exactly what the fish did she kept heading for the bottom, but with my new Lee built Loomis she was no match. When I finaly got her in she was 54.5cm.

Then soon after we put the boat in and headed off in search of those hard to find schools of bass. While trolling some 28ft deep lures in 35ft of water my mate hooked upto to a nice 52cm bass and while he was releasing it I noticed we were over a massive school all the arch's on the sounder were nice and thick and I said to the mate these are bass not catties, so after pulling up about 8 catfish each all over 60cm I put the thin lines are catties and the thick lines are bass theory, back in the box.

We then trolled around again searching but unable to find any more schools andon the way back to the ramp I picked up a 40+ bass in 25ft of water. So a few nice fish,a heap of extra large catties and a nice day on the water, I was happy.

NPD this morning was another winner as I was trying out my 3000 SOL reel I had purchased months ago. On my 1st cast I hooked into a nice 50cm bass and was able to play it with ease with the new reel. Picked up a couple of small bass after that and had to leave early but not before running into Faulked and Emily, nice to say hello to fellow AFO people, sorry I had to leave so early.

Fish while you can

Dinodadog [img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/b_001.JPG

Nice bass there mate, what a great way to break in the new rod, well done! There has been some really nice fish coming out of both these dams lately from all these reports, really must get out there and get in amongst the action myself soon.

Cheers,

Matt

Cowfish13 wrote:

The second and third photo's really show a difference in the health of fish from the two dams. Big W's is so much fatter than the NPD fish (judging from the photo atleast:))

Great report as always DinoB), don't know how you do it

Totally right, Cowfish. I noticed that as well. :)

Once again, Dino has shown us his bass mastery. :)

EMP

Ray I wanted to get the rod in the photo but needed 2 hands for the fish ha ha. I had a 1500 symeter on it, but will be putting my stradic 2500 on it and keeping it for a boat casting rod for big fish dams, too good to be used as a bulldozer at NPD

Cowfish13 wrote:

The second and third photo's really show a difference in the health of fish from the two dams. Big W's is so much fatter than the NPD fish (judging from the photo atleast:))

would that be to do with food source between the two dams??

or what would cause the size difference?

Dinodadog wrote:

Stu I have to put some time into Sommerset to while I have the boating permit, its been a hard dam for me over the last few years

yeah you should give it another go I know it pretty well so let me Know when your going But my boating permit only covers my electric boat not the bigger one they would not give me 2 sets of stickers said I had to pay another 100 so when I go there will get a weekly one

Archived