redcliff bream

straddiebrad

i went out this morning from the coast guard ramp off scarborough boat ramp:ohmy: great ramp by the way:) headed out for a light fish with 9kg line got busted off again and again almost every second or third cast fishing very light as u do split shot sinker and using chopped up pillies for bait with pillies in burley trail i have got a lot of tips from benno ; nasty mind and also read up on things that ellicat and feral have to say. so thanks heaps guy and every one on this great site. getting back to the fishing it was looking a bit poor but with a change off fishing things started to happen no sinker on a drift hard work with the wind today but i started to get bream after bream 25cm 28cm 30 cm then i could not believe it when they got bigger 4 at 40cm 3at 48cm.:woohoo: :woohoo: i did have to go up to 12 pound line though that reef can be unforgiving at times but thanks guys for all your input and help u do a lot for the people who love there fishing keep it up maybe one day ill be giving some advice. all and all had a great day fishing:laugh:

straddiebrad wrote:

tacklebox wrote:
great session mate! are you using leader? it should help you with some of those bust offs.
on i didnot but got busted off three times so next time will use a leader.

a bit of penn 10x 20lb should help you out a bit mate. good abrasion resistance. does come in other sizes as well if needed. love the typo btw ;) - haven't seen a bream 45cm+ for a while, was hoping you'd been really lucky! still, 38cm is a bloody good fish! :woohoo:

and i agree with ellicat. whatever you read from him (and me for that matter) had nothing to do with catching a decent feed! :P

Archived