SOLD*viking nemo 4 sale*SOLD

James W

The pimping has begun... That is all I will say!

ohh ok.... there is not a 'roll cage' (yep I plan on paddling damn fast) over my feet section and it will have a plastic tub on top to put tackle, plastics etc in. Also holds a 6 pack esky just nice.

QUESTION - Do you yakkers tie on all your rods, pliers, grippers etc use floats or just hope that nothing goes for a swim?

booty I don't tie anything down.

I only look at securing tihngs if I have to go through a surf break. Touch wood - but I havne't really lost anything due to swims, except a brag mat that I placed on the water... and scissors that I have no idea what happened to, along with another brag mat...

But usually nothing goes missing ;)

mrsjimmybob wrote:

well Terry should remember when that exact same yak got flipped and jimmybob lost a whole booty of stuff, including a mobile and camera that no longer work, a head torch, scissors and even snapped a rod....

I hope he didn't tell you the rod broke in the yak.... :dry:

:whistle:

oops, maybe I've said too much and broken the cover.

Mate

Def do some securing of your accesories!!!! I learnt the hard way when I got hammered in the surf at Sunshine beach.

Head down to Whitworths Marine & Leisure and take your fish lips grips/gaff etc and pick up some clips plus some stainless self tappers, you can then secure these items to the yak. Rather than taking a huge tackle bag I invested in a big Plano waterproof box that I have now attached with heavy duty velcro, I have two small plano tackle boxes to, one for bait fishing (hooks, sinkers etc) and one for Lure fishing. I keep all my plastics and spare leader in the bigger box. I purchased a PFD that is designed for fishing and it has zip open front pockets that double as little trays...in there I keep my braid scissors and any other items. I also attach some stretchy cord fo my gaff, lip grippers, pliers and scissors to ensure nothing is dropped overboard. As far as rods are concerned head down to officeworks and pick yaself up some keyring cords, they are like 2 bucks....I attach them to my rods...everytime I go fishing.

In my opinion it will take only the one time to tip over and an expensive rod and reel is goooone! Don't learn the hard way mate...I did..and it hurts!

The only other tip I would give is when doing surf landings get rid of everything that is not tied down. Unfortunatley the Nemo does not have a lot of big hatches but if I ever do another surf landing were the surf is pretty big then everything I possibly can stow in my hatches I will!

Good luck and happy yakking!

Batman

benno573 wrote:

jimmybob wrote:
lets just say that day was the reason for selling the yak:unsure:

jeez mate, i hope your tin lids never piss you off that much... wonder how ebay would take that auction... :laugh:

nah...no one would buy my offspring..if they are anything like me:blink:

batman wrote:

Mate

Def do some securing of your accesories!!!! I learnt the hard way when I got hammered in the surf at Sunshine beach.

Head down to Whitworths Marine & Leisure and take your fish lips grips/gaff etc and pick up some clips plus some stainless self tappers, you can then secure these items to the yak. Rather than taking a huge tackle bag I invested in a big Plano waterproof box that I have now attached with heavy duty velcro, I have two small plano tackle boxes to, one for bait fishing (hooks, sinkers etc) and one for Lure fishing. I keep all my plastics and spare leader in the bigger box. I purchased a PFD that is designed for fishing and it has zip open front pockets that double as little trays...in there I keep my braid scissors and any other items. I also attach some stretchy cord fo my gaff, lip grippers, pliers and scissors to ensure nothing is dropped overboard. As far as rods are concerned head down to officeworks and pick yaself up some keyring cords, they are like 2 bucks....I attach them to my rods...everytime I go fishing.

In my opinion it will take only the one time to tip over and an expensive rod and reel is goooone! Don't learn the hard way mate...I did..and it hurts!

The only other tip I would give is when doing surf landings get rid of everything that is not tied down. Unfortunatley the Nemo does not have a lot of big hatches but if I ever do another surf landing were the surf is pretty big then everything I possibly can stow in my hatches I will!

Good luck and happy yakking!

Batman

Batman

Take ya reels off your rods and put the lot in your front hatch. saves breaking them when you roll your yak in shallow water.

Hook your lip grips up onto the rear cargo straps - that's what I do, lip grips are devices that hold onto things by nature so aren't going to open up during a surf roll. thus just clip them around a piece of rope or anything on your yak. In the prowler, I hooked them up onto the oval clips that cover the yak.

I have a tackle bag that gets strapped down during a launch/re-entry, after salt I always rinse and apply lanox to my lures to keep them from rusting (well when I have time)

My best advice would be:

In surf launches/reentries, expect to lose everything that isn't strapped down or stored inside the hull.

Archived