Dennis Lake 19/7/08

Aaron H

Well I had two choices this arvo (as I was to lazy to take the petrol motor off the boat to go to Hinze), North Pine or Dennis Lake. Not buoyed by recent reports and the donut we got last Sunday arvo, I headed to this little lake near Daisy Hill (A lot easier on the fuel bowser to). Armed with shrimp under a float and some lures i was determined to find out whether the fish rumours were true.

Well it turned out to be an interesting afternoon.

The lake is full of weed and lure fishing was very unproductive pulling in big clumps of weed. I then decided to try the shrimp and with in a couple of minutes down goes the float and drag starts screaming:woohoo: . Unfortunately the fight ended very shortly as it proceeded to run me round a stump. (Nevertheless very excited as this was definitely a bass and a good one)

Next shrimp goes on float goes under and after a decent fight I drag a bass around the 40cm mark through the weeds and very fat (roed up I think)

Three more bust offs and a fish around the forty mark dropped at the bank later I finally land another around the 37 cm mark.

All fish released with the utmost care, and an excited angler nothing like finding a new spot close to home, cant wait till summer as the lake looks very surface fishy.

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/19072008.jpg

post-266-144598465369_thumb.jpg

Archived