Wivenhoe - Associate Club Memberships Now Due

bootyinblue

Guys and Girls,

AFO have generously allowed me to put information which is relevant to those who are associate members of the Brisbane Valley Sailing Club and those interested in joining. This is the area known as Billies Bay and Hays Landing at Wivenhoe Dam. Yep… the place where they are landing all the big bass at the moment!

Current members will have received a letter advising them that memberships are now due and payable. Club membership renewals and new memberships will be received at Hays Landing on the 16th and 23rd of August between 10am and 2pm.

Membership renewals are set at $40 for the entire year. New members are required to also pay a $30 key deposit which will be refunded only if membership is properly cancelled and your key returned within a 12 month period following expiry of membership. Key deposits will not be refunded where a member is non-financial for a period of more than 12 months.

All locks on the front gate to the Hays Landing facility will be changed and new keys made available on Saturday 16th and 23rd August .

Access to the club venue after 23rd August will require a new key. Should the above dates be unsuitable to you for membership renewal and collection of a key then please contact the Club Membership Officer Michael BAYARD on 0427 739 784 to make other arrangements. Note: keys will not be forwarded by post.

If you are interested in joining or require a replacement membership form to submit on either day, then send me a quick email to gbooth72@hotmail.com and I can forward the form on to you.

No prob there only one rule, keep out of sailors way. This should be easy as there is 3 launching sites. The water is still 100mts from the main ramp, but with a 4x4 is ok, or if you pick your spot right a 2 wheel drive ok.Ray put his big rig in and out ok.

The other cost is a boating permit of $15 for weekend or $100 dollars for 1st year and $75 for each year after. Also ifyou get this permit at sailing club its only to use in Wivenhoe, but if you get it from the Wivenhoe info centre it can be used at Sommerset also.

Then on top of this you need your fishing permit SIP and then and then your into them. I am alittle dissappointed at the moment, Apr and May was OK, Jun and July the fish have been shy. Should improve late Aug to Sep and then the catties start again. Neil might be able to let us know when the best months are.

Dinodadog wrote:

Not if you take it there on top of your car, if you take it by trailer by the rules you do.Still need fishing permit.

Hey Dino could you clarify that one for me please. I've been told that if you transport your watercraft on a non-boat trailer, ie your average box trailer, you don't need a boating permit? :blink:

I've had my canoe there before transported on a box trailer, and I've been under the impression that I don't need a boat permit...

When we used to camp at wivenhoe ( It used to have some water in it then used to run a long extension lead down to the waters edge from our tent to recharge the batteries ) the ranger said that provided we carried the boat upside down on the trailer we didnt need a permit.

Cheers

Ray

Feral, Yea for sure we will take all the members that wish to become members, I mean its not like it a little lake or anything.

As Dino quite rightly pointed out you do need a Stocked Impoundment Permit to fish on the dam and remember a SIP can have a married/defacto listed at no extra cost. Not sure if anyone is game enough to list a same sex couple on there but its 2008 after all!

For boating permits (as copied from the SEQWATER website)

SEQWater Boating Permits are required for all trailerable and/or registrable vessels used on Lakes Wivenhoe and Somerset. So make of that what you will, but I think if the boat is on a trailer that is designed to carry that boat then a permit is required.

If you buy your boating permits from

Lake Wivenhoe Information Centre - (07) 54278100

Mon-Fri 8.30am-5.00pm Sundays & Public Holidays 10am-4pm(except Christmas Day/Boxing Day/Good Friday)

then it is also valid for Somerset Dam (much better option)

Feral wrote:

I wonder how they would go if someone brought their 40 foot yacht - they are not trailerable either! (Semi and Crane to move those babies!)

I wonder how I would go towing the Boat over Mt Glorious, only be a 40 minute run from my place if I could!

Which boat Feral? I have towed both my power boat and sail boat over Mt Glorious when I have come from Strathpine and didnt have a problem with either. But then again I was towing them with a 4wd with 3.5T towing capacity.... The mighty Navara!

Yeah Booty, FWD 4 Cyl Camry with a boat and an unbraked trailer that's close to the 750kilo limit! Might be an issue!

Probably not worry about it, I finally got on to Kilcoy Fishing club, they are having their AGM Saturday, so I am going along for a look. Spoke to a couple of them on the phone, seem like really nice people!

I've also got some membership forms coming from the Grand Wivanhoe fishing Club, they seem good people as well!

Both clubs do lots of comps and social stuff.

Feral wrote:

Yeah Booty, FWD 4 Cyl Camry with a boat and an unbraked trailer that's close to the 750kilo limit! Might be an issue!

Probably not worry about it, I finally got on to Kilcoy Fishing club, they are having their AGM Saturday, so I am going along for a look. Spoke to a couple of them on the phone, seem like really nice people!

I've also got some membership forms coming from the Grand Wivanhoe fishing Club, they seem good people as well!

Both clubs do lots of comps and social stuff.

Shhhh... I wont tell anyone!

I have never heard of the Grand Wivenhoe Club.

One last Bump and to get the thread back on track.

If you are interested in being able to fish at Billies Bay/Hays Landing on the Wivenhoe then memberships for the Brisbane Valley Sailing Club are now open. All details in the first post, but a club rep will be there this Sat 23rd between 10a and 2p.

Archived