NP DAM comp..report!

James W

As per my earlier report, today I caught my first Bass (and Lungfish) on a Soft Plastic and I'm excited:woohoo: .

For those who are keen to give it a crack, I wanted to post up the lure that did the job.

[img size=439]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/lures_sp_007.jpg

It is a 6 inch Storm cheapie from Amart.

The first inch or so was trimmed to fit the 3/4(21g) TT jig head with a 7/0 hook:blink: .

Seems like (and is!) big , but Bass don't mind hitting big lures:P and the weight of the jig head was needed to cast to the deep schools.

Hope this helps.

Rocket

post-953-144598470547_thumb.jpg

Had a tough days fishing today, fished all around Bullochys early for nothing. Terry Pulled a heart Muscle early on and went home HARDEN UP MATE. Fished around at Mcgavins with the rest of the crew for one hit and hookup on a Mask Vib that lasted about 1 seconds before being bricked. Thanks for all the organising Angus

Lee

well yesterday was a great day for me not only did i catch a fish to weigh in but it won how stoked was i.jay and i had a loverly day in the water as he said it was a little chilly willy in the wee hours but well worth it to see dawn hit the horizon as we pulled up on the fishing grounds .after a hour or so of lure sacrifices and a sucession of braid clumps for me jay finally got a bass tagged to so yet abnother first for him [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P1010421_AFO.jpg

post-1229-144598470551_thumb.jpg

i must thank angus for a very cool event and some sweet prizes .

lee/pcsolutionman for such an impressive rod that is a shear pleasure to use .

user name taken for some excellent snags that repeated all night long reminding me of how yummy they were.

and lastly jayson for his company for the day.

my last photo off rod and ray getting joint 3rd [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P1010429_AFO.jpg

ps harden up terry

post-1229-144598470564_thumb.jpg

I left after about 5 half-hearted casts.

I left because it felt like my asthma was starting to play up a bit, and given I didn't have any medication with me I went home. I went to bed, woke up with a splitting headache and tried to go to work. Lasted about 10 minutes before I threw up -bit painful when theres nothing in your guts. Got home and spent the rest of the arvo and night in bed. Even now my head is still pounding when I sit up, but at least I haven't thrown up today. Last night I had a bit of a fever, felt like I was cooking, but then at the same time would swing from just about sweating to freezing my ass off, all under the same layer of quilts.

That was some seriously tough fishing.... I started late, A quick stop at Maccas with my boy and we hit the water at 9:00. I threw everything at them and finally tempted two average bass with a 25gm slug cast out as far as I could. One was with a slow roll on the bottom and the second was caught flicking the rod quite hard to get any sort of attention.

Sure was a nice day for it though, and it was good to catch up with some fellow bass folk.

TerryH wrote:

I left after about 5 half-hearted casts.

I left because it felt like my asthma was starting to play up a bit, and given I didn't have any medication with me I went home. I went to bed, woke up with a splitting headache and tried to go to work. Lasted about 10 minutes before I threw up -bit painful when theres nothing in your guts. Got home and spent the rest of the arvo and night in bed. Even now my head is still pounding when I sit up, but at least I haven't thrown up today. Last night I had a bit of a fever, felt like I was cooking, but then at the same time would swing from just about sweating to freezing my ass off, all under the same layer of quilts.

are you looking for sympathy terry?:laugh:

I just rang the number for the taged fish that I caught.

It was 32.5cm when I caught it.

The nice bloke tells me that it was Tagged on the 8/3/08 and was 29cm long. They are going to send me more info at a later date.

I'll let you know the details when I get them;)

A little whie ago someone posted the details about a taged fish they caught. Can that person bump that post please, so I can read it again?:huh:

Jayson

Frrkk, forgot all about this one. The in-laws hit the deck on Friday and the Missus said," Why don't you go for a fish on Sunday?"

Congrats to all and especially those that got skunked by NPD. "What doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger"

Norm

hey all,

Sorry for late report but as those4 who saw me on sunday could probably tell i havent been well! :X What i thought was the start to a cold turned out to be a respiritory and chest infection, so you'll have to excuse the late reply as ive been pretty much bed ridden since monday. But any way....

Great day out, even though the NP didnt play to our rules!

I started the morning throwing a purple spinner bait around and after many a cast cast thought id give the old slug a go. So off comes the spinner and on goes the slug. Cast out the slug. Lose the slug to snag.:angry:

Back to spinner:) Started to bring it through some weed about 5 meters out when it got king hit by my yella, not the bigest Ive caught, but the biggest ive caught from North Pine anyway. Nothing happened after that really. Lee ended up coming down and we ended up pumping into Rocket. No more fish for the day but it was great catching up with you guys again.

Big thanks to Angus for the comp and and paul for snags! And once again Lee the custom rod looks awesome! Shame i couldnt claim it this time! Ill post pics when i can.

Archived