Hi Everyone, new to fishing and this site...

char81

Hi everyone,

Ive just started (land based) fishing recently. Im a 26 yo woman who lives in Annerley. Ive been out 5 times and caught:

1. An undersize bream - at this place near myrtletown

2. Nothing - at various places on the brissie river.

3. Nothing - colmslie and wello

4. another undersize bream, one keeper whiting (hehe!) and a big octopus! - Shorncliffe.

6. a couple undersize and one 26cm bream, one 27cm bream, a 35cm flathead and a nice man caught a squid with my jig, because he saw it in the water and had just come down to check it out. - Victoria Point.

Its very cool.

Im planning to go out again soon. I look forward to getting as many tips from here as I can!

Nice to meet you all!

Charlotte.

welcome to the site! an octopus at shorncliffe? sounds like fun! they are great on the bbq with some chilli!

if you are ever stuck for a spot or need some tips, don't be afriad to post something on the forum. there are heaps of people on here who fish land based around brisbane regularly so someone will be able to tell you what's biting and where! also, there are many events and social outings organised, you are more than welcome to tag along!

Hi Charlotte,

Welcome to the site. Plenty of info here, and some ok catches you've listed there.

I live in Annerley too. A close place to fish if you ever get a craving is just down at Yeronga, or at West End. Just keep your bait close to the rocks if you want to try for bream in the river. If you cast your bait far out, 90% of the time you'll get a cat fish.

Hope to catch you out there sometime.

Welcome aboard Charlotte. Best thing to do is introduce yourslef so well done.

Feel free to ask any questions in the forum I am sure you will get plenty of advice.

Also keep an eye on the Going Fishing section and Fishing Events section in the forum. Meeting up with good people for a fish and knowledge exchange is really what a lot of people on the site benefit from.

Cheers

Angus

Another lady on the site, what's the world coming to - they'll ask for the vote next! :laugh:

Welcome to the site Charlotte, nice to see a new female member.

Are you making it down to the 'Pin Flathead hunt'. You should put the word out for a decky position if you don't have a boat of your own. You'll learn heaps on board with some of these guys and gals.

Archived