2018 Suburbs Of Origin - Round 2 - 24/6-1/7

The Mad Hughesy

Round two!!! Apologies for the delay, been sick the past few days. Since it’s started late I’ll run this one a bit longer so everyone still have two full weekends to fish.

Remember folks, this is a just for fun and bragging rights comp, no money, no physical prizes, just the glory of winning! The teams as it stands now are as follows...let me know if you are not on the list but want to fish

To summarize the comp... 9 target species; Bream, Bass, Whiting, Flathead, Snapper, Jew/Threadfin, Golden Perch (yellowbelly), Tailor and Pelagic (Tuna, Mackerel). For a team to win the round, they must hold at least the biggest 5 out of the 9 species. To submit an entry, simply post a crystal clear photo of the fish you caught on a brag mat with the unique item (to be advised on Monday night) with the size of the fish clearly visible! Please note, legal fish only will be accepted! All submissions must be posted in this topic by 7pm on Sunday night Happy Fishing and tight lines. Unique item will be released on Thursday night. SO watch this space!

UNIQUE ITEM : Thumbs up

To brush up on the rules, please see the below topic link

BREAM - @Drop Bear 28cm TEAM SOUTH

BASS -

FLATHEAD - @Old Scaley 55cm TEAM SOUTH

WHITING -

SNAPPER - @tugger 72cm TEAM SOUTH

GOLDEN PERCH - 

TAILOR - @Fishaman 39cm TEAM NORTH

JEW/THREADFIN SALMON -

PELAGIC (Tuna, Mackerel) -

5 minutes ago, Poddymullet said:

Nice one @Old Scaley!~ there were plenty of undersize across the cockle banks...couldn't get anything over 30cm though...reckon I got a lizard (gecko more like it) for every 4 whiting ... 

It was pretty quiet today.  Lots of weed in the water. I was really just doing a bit of crabbing to make some room in the freezer, and fishing in between checking the pots. No crabs of any type, gender or size and only a few hits on the line. Dropped another lizard beside the boat but no other fish caught today.

Nice one Rob - any squire, tailor or squid? Fish shallow, drop-off or both?  I took the family out on Saturday - tried to locate the winter whiting but only got one sand whiting, sadly my brain wasn't working and I took a photo with the peace sign and now it's in the freezer ....... hopefully it doesn't cost us 🙂 

1 hour ago, kmcrosby78 said:

Nice one Rob - any squire, tailor or squid? Fish shallow, drop-off or both?  I took the family out on Saturday - tried to locate the winter whiting but only got one sand whiting, sadly my brain wasn't working and I took a photo with the peace sign and now it's in the freezer ....... hopefully it doesn't cost us 🙂 

I will do up a bit of a report. we got plenty of squire but no upgrades from Tuggers one. 

43 minutes ago, christophagus said:

i stretch the rules for you Rob and you beat my bream entry....real nice mate! haha

Thanks mate! Sorry. I forgot my brag mat on the night so the tape measure is hard to be really accurate. 

Go Southside. The decider is gonna be epic!!

Archived