My very first bullie!

Josco84

Caught a little bullie down the brissie river near mount ommaney early saturday morning :woohoo: Landed it on a live mullet caught earlier in my cast net :) haha! take that boss! :woohoo: lol was only quiet small, bout 70-80cm long and was easy enough to drag in on 20lb line. Hoping to catch something that'll give my tackle a little more of a work out next time. Also have landed a couple shovel nose and a thin brown shark (no idea what type) off victoria point. Will try and post some pics once i get them off my mobile . . .

Nice work mate, any pics??? That size is standard for the upper Brisbane, and all the sharks I have seen caught up this way have been between, suprise, 70-80cm!

I'm curious to know whether your bait was floated, or anchored on the bottom??? I've only recently started using livies for sharks (after learning to use a cast net) and I've tried mullet fished on the surface and on the bottom without luck yet lol. BTW we have only tried on a few occassions this year since the weather warmed and and we have only landed one shark so far (on eel fillet). I guess we should be trying harder but things have been rather busy of late. I'm hoping to readdress that during the Christmas break.

Good work on your first bullieB)

Victoria Point Sharky, no idea what it is . . .

Mt Ommaney Bullie, Mt ommaney is across the river from kenmore, indooroopilly area i think. I'm a Rocky boy so have no real idea of the area still :laugh:

Stinky catfish, but the biggest i've nabbed so far!

Not sure if the pics will work or what order they're in . . . for a young fulla i've got no idea of computers :whistle:

Post edited by: Josco84, at: 2006/12/12 15:03

[img size=320]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/catfish.jpg

this the catfish! slimy and ugly

*crosses fingers*

Man i suck lol

and werewolf just read your post lol i just whacked the mullet (live) on two hooks, one behind head and one in the tail and let the bugger swim away.

Post edited by: Josco84, at: 2006/12/12 15:27

Archived