Who's got big uns then?

Feral

Alright,

Been telling my fishing mates about this deal, perfect for wife for chrissie present.

The AllRound Angler (caboolture) is selling pink ugly sticks from $59. Top buy.

No one I know is game to get one for their wife for christmas, no balls I reckon!

Unless of course you dont want to be seen fishing with a pink rod when you take it out to \"exercise\" it for her?

Tackleworld at tingalpa has pink cork handled rods.

One of these combined with a metallic pink spinning reel i bought on ebay could be the reason im going to spend the night after christmas on the couch!!! :whistle:

Good thing she doesnt read to many forum posts.

But my reasoning is \"darling i want to do stuff together\" :P

Angus

Thanks for the compliments fellas! I'm a lucky guy for sure.

One thing I can say is that the kayak is what started it all. She enjoys paddling so if the fish aren't biting, she can still have fun. She's no slouch when it comes to fishing though. She uses a baitcaster and artificial lures. She refuses to use bait. B)

I really suggest a kayak if any of you guys are trying to get your ladies into fishing. Our Texas ladies are full of adventure as I'm sure those Aussie women are as well. :P My wife really enjoys it.

Ash,

The rod I posted is made by American Rodsmiths and it's built here in the states. Really good looking rod but I imagine it would cost a pretty penny in shipping.

If you'd like to see a better picture of the rod along with specifications you can download the catalog here. Hope that helps! If you don't mind paying shipping and want to purchase one let me know and I'll see what I can do for you. I am affiliated with this company.

Sorry, not trying to do a commercial, just trying to help if needed.

Jason

Glad you like them Rayke. The H3's are really awesome. Extremely light and very sensitive if you use artificial baits.

Like I said, the shipping is a bit of an obstacle but I'd be more than willing to see what I could figure out. There is a local company called Paddlecast.com that does online sales. They might be willing to ship internationally for you all.

And by the way, I have to brag a little bit, that's me on the page with the kayak rods! B):P

Not to get this way off topic, but I'm curious, what type of tackle do most of you guys use over there in Australia? Spinning reels? Baitcast reels? A combination of both? Do you guys do any fly fishing?

Here in Texas most guys use baitcasters, but if you go to Florida, everybody uses spinning reels. It's interesting to see how tackle changes by region.

Post edited by: Crank, at: 2006/12/23 06:03

Gudday Crank. The \"spinner\" vs \"overhead\" debate is often hotly debated in these parts. Like some of the other boys have said for heavy tackle work overheads are generally the favourite, but for when using lighter tackle it normally comes up to user preferance. Overheads are tricky things to cast (I'm average at it) and when it comes to lighter baits/lures or fishing in wind or nightime, I would definately favour spinners. That said if I ever get the boat I've been talking about :whistle: my overhead would be my first choice for running shark baits out the back:cheer:

Archived