Monduran 20/11/to 30/11 2009.

rayke1938

Cool Loz and Glenda, just so you know I have asked wifie if she wants to share my bed for a couple of nights. She is very nonconmittal and I will not know if she is gonna turn up or not. If Kaz does come she'll be just hanging around reading and drinking. She may do 1 trip in the boat but I doubt it.

I suppose what I saying is I gotta have a double bed just in case, I don't mind paying extra but I reckon I'll be there 1st anyway to grab the best rest. :P Having said that if there i sonly one double it's for Loz and Glenda and I'll tell Kaz not to come , she want care either way.

If I can't have a double bed, please say so early so I don't tick her off.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Feral, tether the kids to a tree in the back yard or something but don't waste all that fishing time and boat petrol.

Ray - what you mean you'll be on a stretcher? Is there a separate sun room like the last place? I'm a bit worried about your comfort.

Kaz still can not tell me if she is coming. She dislocated her thump and has taken weeks off work and now she feels she wont be able to get the time off as her work mates have been overworked during her absence. I'll know more in 4 weeks.

Just respooled the extra Curado I picked up. Looked at my other one, braids down a bit from last year, Reckon I will respool that as well.Otherwise sure as I'll score a deep snag or three or a couple of bad birds nest.

Still got heaps of 40 and 60lb leader, think I'm about right for tackle, might pick up one or two of those huge lipless cranks to round out the lure collection, but thats about it.

• 2 weeks later...

For those on the north side of Brisbane, I dropped in to the the Tackle Shop at the Caltex on the highway at Carseldine (or Bald Hills, never sure which suburb it is in) for a bit of window shopping this arvo.

Found they have a sale on Gaden Lures (Classic Barra) the F18's and Barra120 +10's

$11.50 each, looks like they have pretty much got the whole range there, so if you need to top up for Monduran and happen to be going past.....

:woohoo:

HI boys and girl's as some of you might know just got back from monduran with such great success :P I would say do some serious scouting as the water level is at 28% so it will surprise you at all the the timber in the bottom end of the basion.A lot of the fish caught were on plastics like small hollow bellies,slick rigs and the like.During the comp there were reports of barra being caught on things like live shrimp,spinner baits,no lies would have liked have seen it when the fish was landed.So good luck to all and hope you don't have as much fun as I did :unsure:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

cheers dassa

P.S God I hope the weather starts to warm in a hurry for you all good luck and rembember MOREPISS MOREPISS. :woohoo:

kriso wrote:

yep its amazing how many practicle jokes you can come up with to play on the guy that didnt show up lol!

And you would be suprised at how many places I know where cap spray can turn up.

1. Around your stubbie neck

2. In your pasta sauce

3. On your toothbrush

4. In your jocks

5. Getting the picture here?

ellicat wrote:

kriso wrote:
yeah tie down the copper and search/ take away his cap spray at first given chance! lol

Kriso, I'll lend you the fur-lined cuffs and give you two a 30minute free cabin time session together. :laugh: Lookout for the taser though :ohmy: :woohoo: :laugh:

In the house we are prepared for the bad boys.

And madame lash is on standby.

Cheers

Ray PA200002_AFO.jpg

Or maybe I could buy one of these.

Bookmark and Share

1.6 Million Volt Poweful Phone Stun Gun Stungun

View Full-Size Image

1.6 Million Volt Poweful Phone Stun Gun Stungun

Price per Unit (片): AUD28.23

Ask a question about this product

You have the right to defend yourself, with a Legal, Strong enough, No Permanent damage

1.6 Million Volt Mini Phone Stun Gun With Built In Charger And Heavy Duty Nylon Belt Holster

phone-stungun

Features:

phone stun gun

1 second touch and assailant will be down for 6-7 minutes !

Works through 2 inches of clothingVery powerful Stun Pen

Powerful LED Flashlight

Protective Cap and Safety Switch

LIFETIME WARRANTY

Full rubber armor

Wall plug-in rechargeable

Carrying case

Availability

Usually ships in:

24h.gif

:blush:

Cheers

Ray

rayke1938 wrote:

ellicat wrote:
kriso wrote:
yeah tie down the copper and search/ take away his cap spray at first given chance! lol

Kriso, I'll lend you the fur-lined cuffs and give you two a 30minute free cabin time session together. :laugh: Lookout for the taser though :ohmy: :woohoo: :laugh:

In the house we are prepared for the bad boys.

And madame lash is on standby.

Cheers

Ray PA200002_AFO.jpg

what is scary is that ray found them in his shed

24 sleeps to go. Fitted durahubs and spare wheel and bearing assembly to trailer today.

Hers the latest fishing report from Foxies website.

21/10/09

Good reports of some nice barra being caught in the top end of the south arm of B from the points on the southern side. Soft plastics are accounting for some good barra.

Hard bodied lures are making a comeback with a lot bigger barra falling to Oargee Oarsome’s in the90mm, Jazz danglers, bombers and b52’s, wooden lures have also be performing very well.

During the middle of the day trolling 3 metre diving lures across the points has been successful, RMG’s, Gadens & Vipers all proving popular.

The basin has also been producing some nice fish on the troll.

One theory that has been tossed about lately is that at this time of year Sunwater does pump out and release a lot of water for the farmers for weeks at a time.

This release of water creates a current down deep along the river system similar to flood water or outgoing tides, this movement of water plus the natural urge of the barra to head to the salt to breed makes them move towards the main basin at this time of year.

The nights are still very dark so if you are planning on fishing into the night it may be wise to stay down and fish around A and Bird Bay or have a troll around the basin.

Monduran is now at 27% so be careful when travelling around as there is still a vastest of water but a lot of it is now very shallow with rocks and stumps waiting for your prop, so take it steady and be safe.

Cheers Foxie

Cheers

Ray

Might have to chuck the stumpies in then! I've already stocked up on Gadens and Reidy's! Dont like oargee's saltwater lures, expensive, the scorpions are cheaper, and the original in that style, so I'll stick with them!

Picked up a short 6-10 kilo Abu composite rod in the Big W sale on the weekend, gunna have a shot at trolling a 250mm lure behind the yak with it :fishing: :pinch: maybe a big halco trembler or an extra size laser pro! Maybe if I can work out how to catch a boney I might even float him out the back as livie whilst working the sticks casting. (If I happen across a just legal bass that will do as well!)

Here is last weeks report from Fishntales.

Lake Monduran Report

During the week Monduran was a little bit quiet, with the best period being the late afternoon/early evening. The wind’s turning to the north so we should see the dam fire up again. Warmer conditions should also see surface action increase, using lures like poppers, fizzers and walk the dog style lures. There’s been a fair bit of boat traffic down the front of the dam so look for quieter pockets of water. There’s still the odd fish being caught in the northern and southern arms of B Bay, however Bird Bay and the fringes of the main river in the mid section have been more productive. The usual lures have been pulling fish eg. Squidgy slick rigs, Tsunami paddletails, Berkley Hollowbellies, Storm bait n twitches, Classic barras, B52’s, Rapala X-raps etc. The bass up at Monduran have been quite active to. Some local anglers targeted them with live shrimp and were rewarded with fish up to 60cm.

60cm bass hmmmmmmmmm.

might have to take the shrimp traps.

Cheers

Ray

i went up up on weekend fished monduran one day and awoonga 2 days got heeps of fish there were a heep caught at mondran and none at awoonga but we found more fish at awoonga i think you can get them all even when no one else is getting them it is ust persistance and not folowing the crowed and find new spots if your spots not fishing well i will be heading up prity much every week end till you guys go up so i will keep you up dated if you like

Thanks Dan .

I am starting to sort out my stuff and dont know if I will have room for non esentials like food and change of clothes.

Here is start of pile still have to sort rods and reels ,bass lures,spinnerbaits and soft plastics.

:blush:

PA270001.jpg

and the hard bodies all 97 of them. I have been collecting a few everytime I go near a tackle shop didnt realise that I had that many and only a few duplicates.

PA270002.jpg

Just noticed that about 20 of them need the hooks and rings upgrading so back to tackle shop tomorrow. :S

Cheers

Ray

Archived