Lake Boondooma

Aaron H

Well finally a camping trip is coming my way thanks to the long weekend, and after much umming and ahhing of where to go finally decided Lake Boondooma up near Proston, has anyone been there lately? Also keen to try and catch some big redclaw and have heard they differ to the crays I used to chase down South, I used to use Ox hearts as bait but I read people use boiled potatoes and mangoes for Redclaw? Any help on catching red claws would be greatly appreciated as the pressure is being put on and my man the hunter ego thing needs to stay in tact:lol:

I have fished there a few times and always got a few, trolling close to the steep banks for yellas and casting to the not so steep banks with s/baits for bass, also if you get a couple of fish, use the frames in your traps for redclaw and some in shrimp traps, and use your shrimps up in the timber of the first arm for yellas. Was that you I waved at SUN arvo at bald hills.

Yeah mate thought that was your rodeo Dino, was on the way home from a quick NP session (Not much to report picked up 3, biggest 40cm), and yes Rod far to much time in between fishing trips (missed out on the classic, Tilly bash) for me at the moment but that is all going to change after Xmas hopefully, gonna flog the Hinze for toga if your keen mate I'll let u know when I am going

Archived