My First good sized Flathead

heidii

nice fish, i always target flatties with lures so it's hard to get one that big on the lures i use and spots. now i know to use live mullet if i hunt some big ones.

you smashed my PB(though my PB isn't a good one) of 42cm.

nice catch, good to hear you release the big breeders.

Dave

Thanks EVERYONE for your comments!

This is another reason i put back such big beautiful flathead...look at this one with its babies. Taken at the gold coast seaway by www.divingthegoldcoast.com.au/

There are even videos on there website of mother flathead looking after their babies

baby.jpg

Heidii hate to disagree but that would in fact more likely be a female with her males :)

Female breeding flatties are much bigger than there sexually active male counter parts. Also it is very common for more than 1 male to be with one big breeder. I was given the advice when I first started targeting flatties to always give a spot you just pulled a flatty from another cast as there may very well be another.

Cheers.

Angus

maxi wrote:

lovely big fish heidii

ill think you might find the smaller flathead in the pic are males waiting to service the big female ...

Maxi I think we both just put a totally different light on a previously "cute" concept :P

From maternity to swinger in 30 seconds. Go flathead.

Angus

Archived