Kiddies section

shortie

Can we get a new catagory called kiddies section.

To be used primarily for the new young serial posters to solve the problems of the world in.

Politics thread started by school kids. PFFT

save the bay threads with junk unintelligible, uninformed dribble.

I dont see a problem with the current fish cleaning tables comments.

Give them there own section where dribble can rein free.

whilst on the subject of kids, and they know who they are! is it possible to ban these types quicker. i have witnessed some of these events, didn't join up here to watch others get vocally abused. as well as some of the language used. so why on earth bring afo down to their level. it only reflects badly on afo. so c'mon lads, step it up a bit in this area.

maybe a closed section to newbies until they reach a certain number of posts, re no chatroom as this is where the trouble is. that way they might pick up imformation about what they are interested in.

Unfortunately with a free sign up Club allowing Gmail, Hotmail etc you will always get the odd ****head wanting to make a name for themselves and show off to their mates whilst having a little shuffle. Mods can't be everywhere on an expansive board like this, but I'm sure they crack down when they receive a "report this post" message. Rock On! (And if we continue complaining about them, surely they have won???)

The alternative is to make it a Club with fees to weed out the no brainers, but we don't want that do we??

:)

I agree. Kids these days.. absolute crap.

I just started the politics thread, because i found it interesting. About how springborg was saying things about green zones, and then the oil spill. Seeming this is a fishing site, i thought it was pretty relative to the intentions of this site.

Adding a Kiddies section to the site is obsolete. Why?

Kids talk about fishing on this website. And there is a forum to suit them.

General chat, salt water fishing... It will fit in.

So i don't think we should make AFO designed to target kids. And this is the internet, people can pretend to be people who they aren't.

Also, they would keep showing up in the latest posts. That should be left for things like msn and myspace. Not AFO.

I don't see a need for it. Adults can be just a stupid as kids (alot of the time even more stupid)

With all these categories some people want made, it will turn people away from AFO. It will give them the idea that some members think of themselves far more highly than others

If you seriously think kids don't deserve the right to learn about fishing in the same way as you do, you should take a look at yourself

... I think a few members will be thinking that my post is the reason we need a "kiddies" section (17)

I've had my rant...

yes as we know kids can be immature but we are really losing site of why this site is important, too help with the fishing knowledge of fellow anglers but if we take this away from all the kids in general how is this fair? Sure the odd kid who comes on and starts ranting and raving but if a young man signs up to this website and honestly wants to help people and learn about fishing what right do we have to take that away from them just because they are younger than us. We were all kids once guys dont forget that.

cheers

nathan

if a new kid on the site wants to know bout fishing, talk fishing, ask about fishing e.c.t he/she is in the right place :)

its the "kids" and sometimes "big kids" that are here to disrupt and bignote themselves and offer no help that should think whether they should find another site or just pull their heads in. :)

i agree this site is to help people fish if you tell kids to go away and they dont learn and have a bad experance then in 10,20 years who will be able to help the next genaration

cherrs,

mills

P.S. i also agree with shorte kids should only post if they need help and be serious about it

Yeh,

Not telling em move along and stay here.

A lot like school on the internet - You have to be here all the time. Do not wonder from here, or we'll abuse you.

It's really up to Angus and Webmaster, but I remind you of the following:

We were all kids

This is for fishing, not making enemies or be agist (ok.. That's not the word, but discriminating against an age.) Only if there is an "adult" section of rude material.

Make friends at fishing, you can be good friends in real life!

And potentially merge the age gap between fishers.

The technology to filter it out may be hard to get or not. Because not everyone wants the kid reading, they will keep popping up in latest posts. So, it will still annoy you.

I think I have my point coming across clearly, and i have to get off pc. Old man having a sook.

Ah Shortie you need to learn to be a bit more tolerant, we were all kids once, 10 foot tall, had an opinion on everything, show little respect for experience or life skills.

Then we get older, get cranky, still act the same way, but then spend the day grumping at those young upstarts!

Seriously I'd rather they were on here, getting the odd friendly wack around the ear when they go overboard, learning off the older blokes, than hanging around with tossers (who do nothing but cause trouble and spend their lives thinking they are the "bees knees" coz they keep sneaking back on to fishing forums they are banned from), hitting the drugs or getting up to no good on the streets.

Its our social responsibility to turn em in to respectable fishermen, rather than loud mouthed wollies who's idea of a good time fishing is fishing in no fishing zones, targeting fish out of season, bragging about how good they are, but wont share any tips or spots.

Long enough list?

So yeah lets "put up with em " and help em learn and grow in to more great AFO members!

"Hi Ho Silver" as I gallop off in to the sunset......... ;)

Shortie stop being such a sook......

If you don't "get" Gen Y and Gen Z, then that is actually your deficiency and not theirs.

I am niether (Gen X), and sometimes struggle to connect and get on the level with particularly Gen Z (which is Mal's generation), but it's no harder than them having to 'get along' with you.....

He's definitely in the minority here on this site, so just cut him some slack will you ?

At least he's looking to do something more productive than smoke bongs and listen to My Chemical Romance...... (that is a band that the nasty little young folk these days enjoy listening to on their nano pod tunes...)

I think it is great that kids are on line here and learning about fishing instead of all the other crap on the internet and if fishing is keeping them busy and out of trouble then great. I think if the senior guys give some quick replys to the rubbish posts and fake fishing stories then should make em realise that you can't fool the "old" pros. Also starts to teach them how to interact correctly.

Cheers,

Paul

nothing wrong with kids being on it i think it's good.

i have 7 kids 2 of the older one's i have talked to about joining on here,but they are happy enough to pump dad for info atm.and as they are not hardcore fishers not interested in this yet.

butsometime they post rubbish ,i guess at time's we all do .but some of them post it a lot ,it can get annoying.

also it gets annoying when they have multiple new threads asking the same stuff.

all they need to do is search and find the info read it a bit take some of it in .

then maybe as the question ,once they have some basic's under there wing.

that way it a more direct question.

cause people have been answering the questions but they ask them many times .

anyways that's my view on it.

as the saying goes

good and bad apples in every group.

There will not be a Children's section on the forum as the best place to post is in the category that best suits the thread topic.

Any member irrespective of age (but at least over 13) can join and participate as long as they abide by the site and forum Terms and Rules. If any member no matter how old or young, or how long or short they have been a member breaks these rules then they will be dealt with accordingly. Most times nowadays due to the poor behaviour we have experienced recently we will remove their account and ban them with little or no warnings.

The best course of action if you see a member breaking the rules (swearing, being rude, offensive, racist etc - please read and familiarise yourself with our rules) is to report the offending message. Also you can pm one of the Moderators or Administrators who can deal with it accordingly.

This thread will now be locked.

Archived