..interested in winning a Shimano reel? Read here!

fishing-mavericks

Gday Everyone

Just letting you know that all forum members have the chance for a limited time to win a new Shimano reel by taking a few minutes to enter a free survey about fishing. If you win, the Brisbane Fishing Online forum will receive a cash prize too.

It's really simple, you just click a few buttons to enter answers to the short questions. I couldn't think of an easier way to get yourself a new reel for free. Please click the picture below to get started....

survey.jpgprize.jpg

ps. be sure to tell other members and your fishing buddies to enter today so that they don't miss out. The winner will be drawn on April 13 2009 so be quick!

ENTER THE FISHING SURVEY NOW FOR FREE !!

Just completed - now is that reel a bit too big for my bream rod, when I win I might have to offer to sell it to planetfanz :laugh:

Read the disclaimer down the bottom after completing and guess we all will start getting some direct marketing emails from them, at least they now now what type of fishing I do and can offer the right products - lets see how they go.

"By completing this survey and entering into the mentioned competition for a new Shimano reel, you grant permission allowing us to contact you regarding the results of the competition and also to notify you on occasion regarding promotions and discounts for fishing tackle and associated angling services within Australia. We respect your privacy and only wish to make contact with you for reasons that benefit you and your fishing buddies. You may request to cancel notifications from us at anytime by contacting the webmaster at..."

gday psblake. thanks for taking the time to fill in the survey and share your thoughts. In answer to your query, I want to let you know that there are no plans for any type of direct mailing to participants. The terms are stated there in light of permission marketing, so should we ever wish to contact you we have sought permission in advance. Please do not be concerned about mail outs, as mentioned our aim is only to provide communication that benefits yourself and your fishing buddies

good luck with your entry mate :)

• 2 weeks later...

JUST 10 DAYS LEFT TO ENTER!

There has been a great amount of interest in the survey so far, with entries from AFO members outnumbering other forums by about 3 to 1 ! With those sorts of odds, there is a very good chance that the winner of the competition will be a Brisbane Fishing Online member :)

If you haven't entered yet, I invite you to visit www.fishing-mavericks.com for your chance to win the Shimano Sienna Reel. Thanks again to everyone that has participated, keep your eye out for the announcement on who wins the prize on Monday May 13.

BEST OF LUCK

ps. this rain and swell is doing us no favours in the bay, the fish are going to be hungry by the time the weather clears next week so I'm itching to give Mud Island a try now that some cold water has made it's way up.

• 2 months later...

A fella by the name of Steve from Capalaba won the competition and is now enjoying the reel. It was actually one of the last Sienna's sold in Queensland as I've been told by BCF that Shimano are no longer making that reel and have replaced it with another model.

The results wont be published for the general public but if you'd like to know specific information from the survey I'd be happy to share them with you. The 2 most interesting things that I learned from the results were that only 1/3 of entrants fish from a boat and more than 60% indicated they would like to know more about catching snapper. Looks like everyone wants to slay a knobby!

Archived