BRC on the radio

BIG DAVE 1

well troy i actually organised it. I sent a heap of emails to local pro fisherman letting them know about the bbq seeing if any of them were interested - Rod Harrison, Dave Downie, Gary Fitzgerald were the people who i sent emails to. After a while i recieved an email back from Mr downie and he agve me his number i called him and things went from there. Unfortunatly none of the above will be attending, well im not sure about Mr downie. Next time i might try a little harder and send alot more emails. Also all the profits from the bbq -If there are any, will be going towards the site. Promoting it and stuff like that.

Dave

any idea what time angus will be on air dave ??

from what i can remember the show is aired 5-7am sat and sunday and although

im in UK but ill still listen in, just might help to make sure i dont miss angus as ill probably just be finishing my evening fishing session here in uk at 5am brizzy time but ill come home early if need be

Hope the bbq goes well - only wish i was there , but then if all goes well my end ill be there ready for june next year !

I was awake, but the only radio in the house that has an AM tuner dont have head phones, and everyone else was still asleep, so could not tune in (I am deaf as a post and need radio's and TV up fairly loud to hear).

Only thought about the rotten cars about 7:30!

Dave , you wouldnt believe me if i told you how dedicated me and the missus are to setting up a family home out with you all, But i tell ya the goverment certainly make it a process that is only for the dedicated people and they make sure 100% that they want your skills before even letting you move onto a visa application - only iwsh the bl***y UK done the same . If people hear were told that they would have no social, medical and schooling claims for years then im sure they wouldnt come to the UK in the first place - but i think the aus goverment have got it right on that one ! (cant take out what you aint put in )

my study is like a CIA base . We have maps of many brisbane suburbs on the wall,brisbane books everywhere , schooling and comunity stuff all over and 4BC on the radio most of the time so as to start to follow local events and news, Kids just cant wait much longer and the missus has been practicing the art of layng in the sun already !

and then theres me ! well i am starting to have to push myself a little to fish certain venues here in the UK after reading reports and viewing pictures on BRC - just cant wait mate. Even the social side of it sounds brill. In the Uk if you turn up to fish in anything that dont make you blend in the the surroundings better than a paratrooper then people just look and dare you talk when your out there !! Fishing has gone designer mad and the price through the roof.

The big sale of tackle has begun already and the pot is up to £410 GBP ready for the first tackle shop i see when i finally get there - BE WARNED TACKLE SHOP !!

Cheers

Fish_Mad_Pom

Well Lee if you want to open a topic asking anything im sure everyone would be more than happy to help you out.

Personally i reccomend the western suburbs, and Gordon McDonalds Tackle Warehouse for tackle.

Cheers.

Angus.

Sorry about the Radio, i dont know why they didnt play it.

Maybe this weekend?

Although it will be to late for people to sign up.

Angus.

There ya go, coz it was opening on the second page with \"fish mad poms\" post I did not realise it was in that thread! (Guilty of using the \"display new posts\" feature I am afraid!)

The original topic does not appear! or least not in a spot that catches the eye.

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2006/06/21 21:42

Archived