Cressbrook anyone?

Angus

Hey guys,

In the next month I am really keen to hit Cressbrook up.

One problem, no boat :P Let alone a Dam boat.

Apparantly this time of year is when the surface bite carries on well into mid morning on the very step banks that are abundant in the dam.

Anyway if you think you might be swayed this way and would like a deckie, please let me know :P

Angus

Its near Toowoomba,

Bass, Yellas and Cod.

Its Carl Jocumsens local haunt.

Anyway, loads of steep drop offs, average sized bass, comapred to say Big W, Somerset and NP but still high 30's on average with the odd mid 40.

Its the surface strike im keen on.

Also trolling those steep drop offs for the chance at a big yella or even a cod is not unappealing :)

Angus

I have been doing a bit of fishing tha last 4 or 5 weeks Cressbrook,Maroon,Monduran and the bay last 2 sundays , I went to Cressbrook about 5 weeks ago , it had about 13% if i remember , i went to some website that listed the dam levels . its nice there , they have a camp site with hot showers and toilets,,, oh take the right coins to get in think it was $2.50 .

Feral wrote:

What is the ramp like at Cressbrook Wrenchman?

The actual boat ramp is a long way from the water , I didnt have any issues putting my boat in (3.75mtr tinny) . There is one spot where everyone puts there boat in , its very stable ground .

I just watched the Ifish show from Cressbrook , those pricks were just plain showing off ..lol...

Iam pretty sure my success rate can only improve, some from watching the show and some by actually remembering things i learnt over the years of freshwater fishing down the Snowy Mountains .

I have added a pic of the boat ramp , hope it works .. [img size=823]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/19_04_2009_CRESSBROOKE.JPG

post-5687-144598494783_thumb.jpg

plenty of small bass to catch there at the moment tough to get the bigger ones nice place it was great there when there was heaps of water that was a long time ago though.try surface early then blades work well there.

MichaelJ wrote:

did u watch the old ifish episode this morning?

No I didnt. But IQ taped it and didnt even know what the location was so cheers! :)

nonname: Your a legend mate. I may have to take you up on that!

Thanks everybody for the feedback.

Angus

u talking about lake cressbrook?

on google map it looks about 1/2 way between esk and crowsnest.

google maps shows.

ipswich to the dam.

u can go the esk way ,108km 2 hrs.

crownest way. 136km brisbane valley hiway,2 hrs.

i be interested in fishing there,i have a tinny etc .

i just need a deckie,since most deckie on here have more experience with fresh water,dam than i do.

weekday's are ok i'll just take the day off.

wrenchman wrote:

Feral wrote:
What is the ramp like at Cressbrook Wrenchman?

The actual boat ramp is a long way from the water , I didnt have any issues putting my boat in (3.75mtr tinny) . There is one spot where everyone puts there boat in , its very stable ground .

I just watched the Ifish show from Cressbrook , those pricks were just plain showing off ..lol...

Iam pretty sure my success rate can only improve, some from watching the show and some by actually remembering things i learnt over the years of freshwater fishing down the Snowy Mountains .

I have added a pic of the boat ramp , hope it works .. [img size=823]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/19_04_2009_CRESSBROOKE.JPG

Ta mate, looks like my FWD Camry should handle that without to many issues!

Archived