Wanted - Tag Along Tour to Mud and More

bootyinblue

Guys and Girls,

After a very non eventful trip today, I am a bit over estuary fishing at the moment and looking to travel out to Mud and the other islands in the area.

Looking for someone who is familiar with the area to head out so I can tag along in my boat and get a lay of the land there, well water anyway.

Dont need my hand held in boatman ship, but more to find some good areas out there to explore. Will shout you a BBQ on an island for your troubles!

Sound like a plan?

i am one who would defineately be interested in tagging along with a bay expert also! my form out there to date has been woeful to say the least!! and i am finding it hard to justify the expense of the boat to the missus with the serious lack of fish!

Zan - that'ill do just great.

Booty - you are on to something here, that's a good idea, the old booty buddy system.

This is quite a hard break through and there are never and certianties in results but finding a buddy to show the ropes realy helps.

Are you prepared for pre dawn start in freezing conditions? They predict rain this weekend but maybe the next is clear. (not saying I'm a pro but I can show you around Mud, 4 beacons and some trolling grounds).

yer for sure early morning starts dont bother me .....its easy to wake up when your going fishing B) ! yer sounds like a plan brian cheers!!!....i have heard mixed opions about the four beacons...i have been told they are more of a summer hotsspot or is this not the case?

Sorry I should have checked (though I was the boss)- wife tells me I am going to Toowomba that weekend for her brithday which is 29th. emmmm not worth fighting about so I'll have to delay guys.

As a suggestion maybe you guys hook up and try and drag Angus along as he knows a good routine or when your next weekend Booty? Maybe a weekday even? How's your roster?

Zan, I think the 4 B's do do better in summer but squire, jew and taylor are there in winter so I would not discount them completely. Besides that I have some new jigs I want to try out. ;)

Right oh....I am in Sydney at the moment and no idea what Bris weather is doing, but I amkeen to get out on the water Sunday and head over to Mud or somewhere.

Anyone else going that way on Sunday 28th?

Keen to fill a deckie spot with someone who knows the area and anyone else in similar size boat (4.2m) that is heading out so I can tag a long.

booty pm Benno and see if he's heading out. He knows his way around mud and heads out quite a bit.

I've been a couple of times now, but don't feel confident enough to say I could teach or point someone in the right direction. Mud seems to be a pretty decent place, everywhere I've gone along it I've caught fish and the structure around it just looks the goods.

how many of you guys have gps's, i will be going out that way soon looking for something, glad to show you around the island and you guy's can go from there! not sure what ramp though, as i heard they just dumped that grey roadbase gravel beside fisho's ramp, not to kind to a glass boat when your by yourself.

rob

Mud in daylight Hours is a waste of time :( whip tails or kindergarten fish

but dusk or as stated pre dawn can produce some good fish but I do prefer the bottom end of peel :) but look out for the new green zones :angry:

In summer months jays reef north westish off mud has produced some good bullies for me anchor and burly in daylight :)

Gaz

as for the bay curtain would be my choice :) it's abit further but does fish better in daylight

the best way to find fish around mud is to do drifts past different sides of the island, i usually put a pilly out light weight, and flick a plastic as i drift once i catch a keeper squire i set the anchor and work the area where i hooked the keeper, i have caught quality squire in the middle of the day , but dawn or dusk is better, once the sun is up the grinners wake up and get annoying ..

noname wrote:

how many of you guys have gps's, i will be going out that way soon looking for something, glad to show you around the island and you guy's can go from there! not sure what ramp though, as i heard they just dumped that grey roadbase gravel beside fisho's ramp, not to kind to a glass boat when your by yourself.

rob

why did they do that lol, not that it worries me personally since i a: have an aluminium boat and b: use pinkenba most of the time but i cant see any good reason for that and im sure plenty arent happy about it... did they give an explanation?

beside the ramp was rough concrete, then it dropped about a foot, beats me why river sand is not used, bloody dumbasses! the bcc has bloody no idea of how to prep a boat ramp, and in a major city too. might start sending repair bills to the bcc.

true but even with the concrete+drop it was easy enough to go 1m to the left and onto the sand lol, maybe a sign to warn of the concrete and people could still beach on the sand..

how do you guys with glass boats go at pinkenba ramp too, nowhere to beach it there either! %7Boption%7D

i don't ever use it! getting hard to find a decent ramp at low tide in brisbane, especially if single handed, and me floatie is easily handled.

nudgee; you more likely to have your car broken into

pinkenba; you got tanga, flyer, tugs, and all sorts creating large wash bcause of sand bank.

fisho's; well as mentioned above.

colmslie; low tide is a nightmare.

the main manly ramp; all rocky now, and thanks to fisheries for giving us 5/8 now.

the sthrn ramp manly; all good but low tide, likely to loose your car slippin down the ramp.

wello; we all know what that's like.

at low tide these ramps are bloody useless

then there's the 1 at west end, go figure.

enough from me.

nadders wrote:

haha i guess i am lucky enough that my boat is relatively small @ 4.45 and is not glass so i can get away with things like colmslie at low tide and pinkenba

might have to move to the river and tie your boats to your private pontoon ay rob ;)

shouldn't havt to nadders, i have along with othere been paying rego's for boats non stop for over 20 bloody years, where has the money from all that gone, up and down the coats have bloody great ramps, it's only because these locations don't get the people there to spend their hard earned, and the bcc along with the govt don't give a toss about boaties. and beside they said to me once if i did manage to cause damage because of the ramp, send in a claim, that's what insurance is for!

Archived