Jump to content

Another Coomera River session 13/10


mongrel jack

Recommended Posts

Hi All,

Decided i would go and do some trolling in the Coomera river this morning. Launched at the ramp at the lake and paddled up to the M1 bridge and back (roughly 4 hours of trolling). As this was a first for me I had no idea how I would go - more accustomed to fishing the mouth of the Coomera in a boat. Fished hardbody lures - I have a large assortment of lures but seem to have the most success with $7 Super Bass lures from K-mart which is making me re-think spending $30 on Jackals and the like, anyway fished several varieties this morning but all fish caught were on the mega bass in 2 different colour models (see pics). Six fish in total - 4 flatties and 2 bream. I was near spooled by somthing rather large on the gravel patch up near the bridge, I have no idea what it was and had no chance of turning it on the light gear I was using, it pulled the hook just before I was spooled (thank god as the braid wasn't going to give) Very enjoyable morning.

Cheers.

PS all fish were safely released!

P1000051.jpg

25cm bream

Link to comment
Share on other sites

mongrel jack wrote:

P1000074.jpg

Pile of dead catfish - why???

ahh fck it , that means the pro has been hitting it all ready :angry: i hope he got spiked by at least ten of them lol nice report mate and great fish , the jack sometimes hang around the shoals there maybe you hooked a good jack or a big jew!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

no not trawler , gill netter ! usually a netter from NSW ,he takes what he can jacks , flathead , bream , tarpon , mullet , giant herring , trevally , jew and any thing that swims past , he works under the cover of darkness the prick , i just wish the fisheries would check him out every night he is there, as most of the fish is used for catfood factories , such a waste to feed the feral cat that all so eats native birds and wild life :angry:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

wesfish wrote:

no not trawler , gill netter ! usually a netter from NSW ,he takes what he can jacks , flathead , bream , tarpon , mullet , giant herring , trevally , jew and any thing that swims past , he works under the cover of darkness the prick , i just wish the fisheries would check him out every night he is there, as most of the fish is used for catfood factories , such a waste to feed the feral cat that all so eats native birds and wild life :angry:

Yeah its a shame alright,but what you people dont seem to understand is the fisheries are on a limited budget, and to catch this mongrel will take over time and the fisheries just dont have the money.I know it sounds like a whole load of crap but its the truth and it looks like old anna lie aint gunna be giving much more money towards it.

But i do agree something needs to be done, i want to know how he can come in to QLD waters and fish commercially under an NSW licence if he is even licenced..Might look in to thins a little more i think, will let yas know what i come up with..

Cheers james

Link to comment
Share on other sites

mongrel jack wrote:

I was near spooled by somthing rather large on the gravel patch up near the bridge, I have no idea what it was and had no chance of turning it on the light gear I was using, it pulled the hook just before I was spooled (thank god as the braid wasn't going to give) Very enjoyable morning.

Good sized jack I reckon. I had a big run there last week, same deal basically.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm keen to go back with some heavier gear and try again! What's the bet I can't raise him again? :lol:

I am happy to send the pic to fisheries but are they really gonna give a rats as a pile of dead catties is not proof of illegal activity and as Uglyfish stated "fisheries are on a limited budget, and to catch this mongrel will take over time and the fisheries just dont have the money". Not that I am doubting it is the result of suss activity as we all know this sort of thing goes on. If somebody can let me know if this is a worthwhile path I am happy to supply DPI&F with photo's and location details.

Cheers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

maybe some good samaritans can get together and accidentally hook up on his nets and make a mess of them ;)

Jack, I'll probably be down there tomorrow and I'll let you know what the unstoppable is :P

If you sit out in the deeper water of the lake and cast your lures out, try retrieving quick as you can with a few rips as well. You might get a trev interested

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good little sesh you had mate. The pro has worked the coomera for years its the same bloke and he owns a cruiser ute with 2x 1000L eskys on the back with nsw number plates and only hits the river at night and usually on a saterday night arfter midnight he has had the same routine for the last many years.This looks like somthing he would do. You know when the prick has been cause the bait fish in the lake up near the corner are just about non existant.he will be back there this saterday I put money on it. this fellow uses the cover of darkness to his advantage and with the way the moon is at the moment he'll be there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

tomca wrote:

maybe some good samaritans can get together and accidentally hook up on his nets and make a mess of them ;)

Jack, I'll probably be down there tomorrow and I'll let you know what the unstoppable is :P

If you sit out in the deeper water of the lake and cast your lures out, try retrieving quick as you can with a few rips as well. You might get a trev interested

Yeah good on ya - I'll be waiting with anticipation for the report to find out what it was :lol:

With this pro guy though, I still don't get if he is legit or not. If he's not I will report the fish dumping - can anyone let me know one way or another?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can any of you fellas that have seen this commercial fisher give any sort of description of his car and boat? I need more info to pass on to the boys in the gold coast office..anything at all don't matter how trivial u think it may be,it just might help out in catching this prick in the act...

Thanks guys james

Link to comment
Share on other sites

mick fillet wrote:

Good little sesh you had mate. The pro has worked the coomera for years its the same bloke and he owns a cruiser ute with 2x 1000L eskys on the back with nsw number plates and only hits the river at night and usually on a saterday night arfter midnight he has had the same routine for the last many years.This looks like somthing he would do. You know when the prick has been cause the bait fish in the lake up near the corner are just about non existant.he will be back there this saterday I put money on it. this fellow uses the cover of darkness to his advantage and with the way the moon is at the moment he'll be there.

Maybe you missed this Ugly ???

Perhaps start a new thread

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...