Monduran 2010 Booked

Brian D

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
that would be great Bommie - You are not attending now.

Tom B - Mate there is a lot of fishing in the range of an electric motor. I would not be to concerned. i was there on the weekend and chatting to the Pro and a lot of his target spots are all areas you could easily make with your motors.

what was the fishing like up there Ted? i am keen to make a trip kinda soon, i have some new stuff to try out:woohoo:

that would be great Bommie - You are not attending now.

Tom B - Mate there is a lot of fishing in the range of an electric motor. I would not be to concerned. i was there on the weekend and chatting to the Pro and a lot of his target spots are all areas you could easily make with your motors.

what was the fishing like up there Ted? i am keen to make a trip kinda soon, i have some new stuff to try out:woohoo:

sorry mate missed this. The fishing can be hard at times. Went there a couple of weeks ago and got a donut for the two days but the southeasterly winds had hit and the water temp had dropped. first time there I got a fish a day so I was happy. When they are on people get up to 5+ fish a day. Try coming into the full moon and when hot and a slight wind. cheers ted

• 2 weeks later...
Update on house.

Ray , Dino, Graham Pflaum ,Henry, Possibly Brian D , and option offered to Crazy Wallrus.

Have I missed anyone?

Cheers

Ray.

So check in is a saturday and check out is a friday. I might let you have the first couple of days to find the fish then pop down for a couple of days. I am thinking Tuesday-Friday or something like that. I might even bring Kaz along for a couple of days. Don't worry, if this happens we will either turn them into day trips or stay in town. I am happy to chuck a mattress on the ground for a couple of nights if there are no spare beds.

Ray, sorry to be a pain with the dates, I will understand and don't mind if you give my spot to someone. I am keen to see you guys again, especially keen to see how much weight Graham has lost, so I do want to pop in. I can't see any majors at work that will stop me but who knows these days.

What did we get last year? I think it was about 37 barra, most over a metre, so here's to another successful dam hunt!

Iv'e pulled out this year , due to medical prob's so there is now a vacant campsite avaliable, I had site 6 booked , so anyone feel free to take it.

Hope you all have a great time and catch heaps of Barra, I'll be looking forward to a good report with plenty of pic's to see what i missed out on??

Cheers;) ;)

Last weeks report from Foxies.

27/10/10

Fishing at Monduran has at last fired up with good catches of barra coming in from all round the Lake.

Late afternoon has been the peak time with a range of lures and styles of fishing all working.

Swallow Hardbodies, Soft Plastics and surface lures worked in the shallow bays and over weed beds are working well.

The top ends of the Northern Arm and Southern Arm of B and PK Point are all producing some good Barra.

Trolling has been a bit quiet but should improve as the surface water temps become deeper and themoclines start to appear.

Cheers

Ray

Its getting better here is latest gos.

03/11/10

Fishing is getting better every day at Lake Monduran as the hot weather continues to warm up the water and thermo clines are starting to appear.

The hot spot at the moment is Bird Bay late afternoon and into the night.

Trolling shallow diving lures has been the most successful; two productive lures over the last couple of days have been the Lively Lure Arafura Barra and Storm Mag Thunderstick.

Remember It’s coming up to the new moon and it’s has black as the inside of a cats guts at night so don’t forget a good torch or spotlight and turn your nav lights on.

Cheers Foxie

Cheers

Ray

Woops, I've just checked the dates, check in is next saturday 13th not the one after. Wow this is close, I better get my act together.

Can I get a heads up to what boats will be there? Can I get a deckie spot or do I need my boat? Is Graham taking his boat? Ray is your's still floating? Is Dino taking his boat?

PS Pray for no more rain

It has been raining and cold this week, hope it sorts it self out before next week. I'll be there Tuesday night or wednesday morning. Gotta be back for early start Friday morning.

I am trying to talk Kaz into coming but she wants to work....emmmm rather work then go barra fishing.....emmmm not sure I want her to come now.

. WIll have shop for some lures , what works best up there? Any particular colours?
mate it depends on the weather. I think a lot of shallow lures are working at the moment. I personally use large soft plastics like Squidgy Slick rigs 110mm and 130mm. Wait until you get to Gin Gin and Foxes Tackle shop can deck you out and the prices are not to bad as well as there are usually a lot of specials.

I checked my lures today and unless there is some new fandangled thing braining the barra I got just about everything needed.

4 years ago the go to lure was crazy deep divers (8mtr) or vipers, 3 years ago it was frogs and plastics, two years ago it was B52 (big ones) and last year it was F18's. I got no advise or clue Harfish.

It was a bit cold today and when I checked awoonga dam water temp it was not very hot at all, my guess about 27-28

Just finished packing the boat & car, I think I got everything :pinch: had to work again today :angry: leaving about 5am so should be there after lunch, set up then maybe go for a fish :woohoo:

Crazy. What time are you arriving tomorrow ????? and where are you staying.

Tom . see you Tomorrow, give me a ring about 1.00pm and I might be able to tell you which cabin we are in.

Can't wait to see you all there.

Just finished packing the boat & car, I think I got everything :pinch: had to work again today :angry: leaving about 5am so should be there after lunch, set up then maybe go for a fish :woohoo:

Crazy. What time are you arriving tomorrow ????? and where are you staying.

Tom . see you Tomorrow, give me a ring about 1.00pm and I might be able to tell you which cabin we are in.

Can't wait to see you all there.

I am hopefully leaving at lunch time tomorrow. I am staying in town tomorrow night. Are you camping?

drive safely guys, the weather is not so good at the moment.

Lot's of wind and not very hot. Max temp today was about 25. The pool temp has gone up a bit since the rain slowed but apparently there is more rain coming. Awoonga looked fairly clean but really high water.

I'll get past the weekend and get to the dam asap. I still have the boat in mouth balls and need to check the basics before heading south. I might drop it in at work over the weekend to check a few things. Look forward to seeing you guys again.

May we all catch heaps of barra

Archived