LITTLE BIG FOOT - SHOW US YOUR WHEELS!

AlsHilux

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do$tylz wrote:

hahaha...

mate it doesn't take much to blow this car away. A slightly tuned VZ SS will eat it for breakfast down a straight. But this ones a cruiser for me....with the occasional poke at the higher rev range. Yet to try and match the claimed ~6 sec 0-100 time.

Must be something seriously wrong with it DO$tylz if it cant take a bommdore! Try taking the handbrake off? Or doesn't it have a turbo?

Feral wrote:

Do$tylz wrote:
hahaha...

mate it doesn't take much to blow this car away. A slightly tuned VZ SS will eat it for breakfast down a straight. But this ones a cruiser for me....with the occasional poke at the higher rev range. Yet to try and match the claimed ~6 sec 0-100 time.

Must be something seriously wrong with it DO$tylz if it cant take a bommdore! Try taking the handbrake off? Or doesn't it have a turbo?

Hahaha.:laugh: :P

mate standard VZ ss does the 0-100 in around 9 seconds. Trick it out with stuff as simple as a new ECU, headers, exhaust etc and it'll shave a few seconds off.

The s2000 does it stocky in around 6 seconds. And nope, no turbo. Theres only around 4 or 5 turbo s2000s in Australia. Its a very finnicky engine that won't just take any old turbo set up. Most guys that have their S's turbo'd have spent in the vicinity of ~$7k-$9k just for the turbos and essentials. But now you can buy a complete GReddy kit for around $4.2k with the pretty decent exchange rate, but you still need to tune it.

But my insurance will hit me up big time if I turbo it as well.:angry:

Do$tylz wrote:

And on the opposite end of the 4x4 scale is my car.:laugh:

No chance is my car going to tow anything, go further than 1M on sand or show any sort of articulation jumping boulders.

But.... it will scream at you from 6krpm all through to 9krpm.:lol: [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/03102007295_AFO.jpg

Man you should have more faith in your S2000. They are a lot quicker (especially from a rolling start) than most people think. I used to have a black S2000 and a silver one between 2000 and 2004.

Of several encounters usually starting from a rolling start from about 80kph through to 180kph the results were as follows:

Any SS (obviously not the current 270kw on) the s2000 would slowly pull away.

Stock wrx no contest s2000 would win easily.

Stock 2002 wrx sti very even until about 140kph and the s2000 would edge away slightly.

Stock 200sx easy win to the s2000.

2003 boxster easy win to the s2000.

2002 boxster S dead even then the boxster s would edge away about 140kph onwards.

e46 M3 easy win to the M3.

300kw HSV GTS easy win for GTS

Z3 3.0 easy win to s2000

Audi TT easy win S2000

255kw clubsport nothing in it. Maybe the clubsport starts inching forward at 170kph+.

I had semi slick R compound tyres on mine and a set of mugen extractors and exhaust and it made a very formidable track car, especially on tighter circuits.

I eventually gave the S2000 up and am driving a boring turbo diesel jeep at the moment.

PS The s2000 was a great car except for the pathetic excuse for a clutch and the fragile differential.

AZZA wrote:

Couldnt have been too tough getting up there, look at the Britz camper thats parked next to you!!

Only kidding, I am yet to get to the Cape, but will do one of these days...

Here is my little truck! [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/03_03_05_1721_AFO.jpg

post-1481-144598435348_thumb.jpg

dhess wrote:

Man you should have more faith in your S2000. They are a lot quicker (especially from a rolling start) than most people think. I used to have a black S2000 and a silver one between 2000 and 2004.

Of several encounters usually starting from a rolling start from about 80kph through to 180kph the results were as follows:

Stock 2002 wrx sti very even until about 140kph and the s2000 would edge away slightly.

2002 boxster S dead even then the boxster s would edge away about 140kph onwards.

Z3 3.0 easy win to s2000

Audi TT easy win S2000

255kw clubsport nothing in it. Maybe the clubsport starts inching forward at 170kph+.

I had semi slick R compound tyres on mine and a set of mugen extractors and exhaust and it made a very formidable track car, especially on tighter circuits.

I eventually gave the S2000 up and am driving a boring turbo diesel jeep at the moment.

PS The s2000 was a great car except for the pathetic excuse for a clutch and the fragile differential.

dhess wrote:

[Of several encounters usually starting from a rolling start from about 80kph through to 180kph the results were as follows:

Z3 3.0 easy win to s2000

Audi TT easy win S2000

I trust all of these tests were preformed on a race track :dry:

• 4 weeks later...

This is my old girl '68 val. slant six motor. I got it about 15 years ago of the original owner, it only had 12,304 miles on it, plastic was still on the carpet, the spare tyre and jack had never been touched and it still had the original cross-ply tyres on it with full tread, was like driving it off the showroom floor. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/IMG_2328_AFO.jpg

post-2146-14459843846_thumb.jpg

OK, This is my eldest son's new ride. 1988 daihatsu charade. 1.3l DOHC 70hp in a 700kilo body - goes like stink!

This is the first race day after we got it, as he was still to young to race it, (does not turn 12 until May, when he can get his first CAMS licence) Dad had to show him the ropes!

R0010192-1.jpg

Posing with the rig

R0010214-1.jpg

NDSCCMotorkhanaNov07199-Copy.jpg

With a little adjustment to the tyres ;)

P1090136-1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah...as 4x4's go. Picked up this "86 Luxxy for $500 - mechanically it is good, but bodywise...Ive seen smashed crabs in better order. So..out came the welder and panel beating hammers....and...this is where Im upto so far. So far Ive spent upto $1000 in rebuilding it and cutting out cancer by myself...fingers crossed it should be ready in a couple of months.

Archived