1 Million Dollars!

Angus

Guys I honestly dont think I have seen anything funnier this year.

Ok we all know Dick Smith right? Worth millions etc etc.

Ok he is concerned with population growth gloabally. Fair enough. He believes as the world population is growing at 2% per annum in 30 years we will be maxed out to catestrophic results.

Anyway Dick has announced that he will randomly give out 1 Million Dollars to someone who demonstrates a good one way of preventing population growth! It wont be a submitted idea, or a proposal to Dick himself. It will however be a simple matter of Dick tapping you on the shoulder one day and saying "Well done, here is a cheeky Mil", well maybe not in those precise words.

Anyway I love this photo from his launch.

I mean come one! Whats not to like!

First off however his chosen "representitives" do not make me think of controlling population, but rather the contrary.

Secondly, (it took me a while to actually read the text) but is the writing on their shirts "Constant Growth = Doom" a cheeky pun? :P

And the Dog? Couldnt he get an evil looking cat? "Yes my followers.... ONE MILLION DOLLARS!"

Oh and at the actual annoucement Dick was asked why he taking this approach to getting his word out there. His reply was "Anything Richard Branson can do I can better"!!!! I love that most of all. Richard had 5 girls, I am going with 5 girls and a rat like dog!

Good luck Dick!

. dick_smith_population.jpg

I noticed that they are all Blonde and blue eyed, something like Ayrians didnt someone about 70 years ago come up with a solution to population control, Not that I think Dick is like him. Good on ya Dick make the pollies work for their money, I reckon a good place to start would be bankstown NSW.

im glad dick is on this crusade ive been worried about the situation myself. so how do i get my cheeky million if i cant submit my solution to him, follow him around with a giant banner?

im fairly sure that dog is about to or has just peed on the cash pile too. exactly the kind of facial expression mine has

i think dick is a bit late .

if he gave me the 1 mill and the 5 blonds and a vasectomy i mite of not had 7 kids .

hahahaha

maybe he should still give me the million the 5 blonds and throw in the dog and i promise not to have 7 more.

i'll even go the vasectomy .

ha ha ha

dicksmith_dog_420x0.jpg

yes i think the dog did something on the money ,but i'll still take a million that smells like dog pee is still a million .:)

smith420_420x0.jpg

crikey ..............i feel growth happening

I actually think that its a pity Dick Smith has gone about this subject the way he has. As you guys point out its a laugh the way he's done it and rightly so.

My problem is that I agree with the principle. We spend a shit load of money and time making everything sustainable, but with a growing population and a finite level of resources the level of sustainability will become less sustainable. A hybrid car today is a gas guzzler tomorrow. We stretch resources to meet population, then the population is allowed to expand and we have to stretch even further.

Step off the soap-box Kreel and move away from the thread.

As kreel has pointed out resources are going to become more and more scarse so I have just worked this out for everyone to think about.

Current world population about 6.5 billion people and a growth rate of only 2% in 3 years the population will be over 7 billion people that an extra 500 million people so if somthing isn't done soon we are going to have greater famines and larger droughts.

I think some of the problem can be put down to the simple FRANGER.I see it that the third world country's have the largest problem where contraception is none extecent.

And it probably wouldn't hurt for the dickhead pollies to stop handing out baby bonuses to 16 year olds.

I would like to point out that I put this in Humour due to the nature of Dick Smiths ploy not the actual topic.

Being a fan of movies like The Road and Book Of Eli my bet is on a grim post apocalyptic version of the world in roughly 20 years. Hence I have already started stock piling my weapons cache :P

Angus

I like the new saying "The elephant in the room" why cant we make it "The Roo in the room" I mean where the hell didi it come from? Angus I worked on the Gun Buy Back in NSW all jokes aside there wre idiots then that were stockpiling weapons we found one group that had located 2nd ww bunkers and was nicking stuff out of them and selling it to the buy back.

Archived