Pinkenba Boat Ramp

i miss the old days of barry and the shop at pinkenba ramp, with takeaway and breaky. i too am sick of boggy after last night some dumb asses stole my number plates off my car!! cant wait to see where they turn up as they were caught on camera the dumb buggers driving in and out hahahahaha

as for pinkenba its still got a wy to go, they have redone the entry to suit the company next door for truck access and the car park is the only upgrade, with new bitumen and designated areas for rigging and parking, no pontoon :(

Great Comments on Boggy Creek - I have arrived back at Boggy Creek Ramp and noticed car window smashed and assumed stolen their gear. Dissapointing society when you can not leave your combo at a Boat Ramp. :(

It would have been fantastic if a pontoon was placed at the new ramp - great for the land based kids to have a go and get keen.

It that confirmed a shop being put in location??? Hopefully have a coffee machine to get rid of the morning haze and on the job.

Good Chat. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Im working on the pinkenba boat ramp fellas, have been for about a month now, should of open last tuesday but looks like its ready to go early next week. The ramp its self has been sand bagged, few more shelters and paths, lots more lighting avaiable, more car park space, new bitchumen, its all looking pretty ready to go. As for the shop im thinkin thats a rumour, as there is none there at this stage.

Hope that helped.

Matty

well can we get you to hurry up with your work :P :laugh: only jokes! its alot of wasted money the plants and wooden bollards . it looks more like a lunch area for the local workers then a boat ramp area lol funny considering its the neighbour that had to do the area up with out any input from the local fisherman that use the ramp! how many trailer parking spaces now? as i have seen at least up to 25 cars and trailers parked before the upgrade with space for more.

maybe security cameras instead of plants would have been a better investment... 3000 plants plus labour, dirt, mulch etc would not have been cheap. I'm sure all fisho's and boaties would have been more appreciative of security over aesthetics...

not trying to take any value away from the effort and appreciation we have for the work done.

gunna have a lil whinge here but bear with me.

as of a few years back now, i have been whacked quite a substantual amount in the way of an increase in rego's for my boats n trailers, yes boatssss. and my bloody grief is, they have had this easy revenue of nearly 200,000 regestered boats, and in what way have they inproved most of the facilities, i tell ya how much, sweet F all. fancy stainless taps n bench tops that are a bloody joke, taps dont or barely just work. parking for 5/8ths, bodgy ramps at places. and in general just a pissaif your not at a public ramp by 7am on a good day, you'll be walking bloody miles, and thats great if ya by yaself. so anyways, i'm gunna have another beer, stuff em !!!!

rob.

Archived