Wello Point Reefs 27th May 2007

Angus

Im going more for the fun of the day so ill be there at seven.

Fish the turn and the outgoing tide.

Ill be brining an esky full of snags.

If anyone wants to bring onions etc it would be most appreciated!

So i gather people will be on thewater at different times which is fair enough.

Let just say Lunch at 11:30-12:00 somewhere in the park. Ill put the banners up so its easier to find. Plus ill be decked out in my AFO shirt for those who have not met me.

See you all there!

Well seeing as My ole mate and I are doing a return visit to peel sat nite (stuff the boat show :P sunday) we will be there and looking forward to meeting everyone :) hopefully will have some nice fresh fish for the barbie :woohoo:

Gaz

ps Rosscoe (new member he finally joined after reading the forum on my pc :P )is my ole fishing mate

Gazza wrote:

Well seeing as My ole mate and I are doing a return visit to peel sat nite (stuff the boat show :P sunday) we will be there and looking forward to meeting everyone :) hopefully will have some nice fresh fish for the barbie :woohoo:

Gaz

ps Rosscoe (new member he finally joined after reading the forum on my pc :P )is my ole fishing mate

Gazza, It's probably likely to be a lot more uncomfortable Saturday night and through Sunday than it was last weekend. With a twenty knotter and an increasing swell I'd be making sure the battery's well charged and all the safety gear/radio is up to speed. Here's a good link to keep an eye on.
/>http://seabreeze.com.au/graphs/qld.asp

Also, in case you didn't know, the waters just a bit north of Peel are gazetted as \"Partially Smooth\" waters and you're required to carry flares etc. (The smooth water line goes directly from Cleveland Pt to Amity Pt on Straddie). It's only \"smooth\" for about 100-200 meteres around the shoreline anywhere north of Cleveland Pt as well as around the 3 islands there.

Well the old man has pulled out....something to do with fixing up his caravan so I am looking for a spot on a boat somewhere...anyone.....anywhere.....if not no worries will join kriso for some 'land based action':whistle:

Kriso: Looks like I left my run too late for the deckie side of things so I am going to try some soft plastics at Cleveland early and then will meet you at Wello pt at about 8am. See you there. I will bring some snags and some bread....look forward to meeting you all when you get back.

Thanks for the heads up Elli ;)

We always check that out and carry all the gear including epirb :)

I dont beleive them forecasters We'll see how it pans out later in the week We'll still come to the bbq :)

Gaz

cant wait till my tub is back in the water

Awesome....... ill be in a kayak :unsure:

Do we go through with this?

The land based guys and yakkers will suffer if its pouring....

And the BBQ will be a moot point???

Or do we take a stab at it and hope for the best???

Suggestions please.

Angus

P.S. I honestly dont mind toughing it out i just want thoughts...

Just been for a drive down to wello. blowing around 15 knots but ramp is ok as its low tide. looks pretty lumpy out past the leads but like glass on lee side.

there are large shelter sheds with barbys nearby we would just have to grab a section of the shed.

see you in the morning.

ray

Just been looking at Brownies coastwatch and it says lighter winds inshore early so I will be launching at wello around 5ish. Once I launch it doesnt matter if the wind gets up as I will be coming in at low water and the ramp is protected then. Its just a bitch with a 2 foot chop in a southeaster on the high tide. Orright in a tinney but not much fun with a glass boat.

I will be giving it a go with some soft plastics and found some salted pillys that have been sitting in the boat since I went tailer fishing on tuesday. They are nice and tough so will resist the pickers.

Ray

Well dad and i have geared up the yaks and are ready and waiting.

See you all there tommorrow.

As an inventory:

I am brining snags,

I know tim is bringing some of his famous chilli's.

And i think i saw someone say they would bring some onions........

Ill bring a loaf of white bread as well, but if anyone else wants to grab a loaf, hats off to you.

Cheers.

Angus

Archived